"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Some Bruises, But Mostly Just Some Pride Damage

Lately Josh has been having a hard time listening AND obeying. He will hear us ask him to stop doing something, but choose to ignore what we have said until we have repeated ourselves a few times. It is getting aggravating, but what can you do? Yesterday was the same thing. Since it was such a nice day we all decided for Family Home Evening we would walk to the park. To make it funner for Josh and Matthew we let Matthew wear his Heelys (shoe with the skate in it) and Josh ride his scooter. We wanted everyone to stay together because to get to the park you have to cross a somewhat busy street and the kids don't always look. That is one big reason why we really wanted Josh to stay with us so we could all cross at the same time. Of course Josh pretended not to hear and did not stay with us at all. For a consequence we didn't let him ride his scooter back home. He was not very happy about that. I had the bright idea of instead of just carrying all the scooter home why not ride it. Yes a big fat 7 months along pregnant lady riding a scooter--it sounded like a good idea at the time. If that weren't spectacle enough I decided to race Matthew on his Heelys the rest of the way home. Let's just say Matthew can get going pretty fast between running and skating. To sum things up I lost the race by A LOT. In the middle of our race I ended up hitting a curb going pretty fast trying to keep up with Matthew. The scooter stopped immediately, but I didn't and went over the top of the scooter handle bars--yes a big fat 7 months along pregnant lady. I landed and skidded to a stop on my left side on the asphalt. OUCH!! I have some bruises and and road rash up and down my left side, but mostly it has just been some pride damage. Aaron was laughing too hard to show much sympathy and I don't blame him I am sure it was quite humorous to watch. He had warned me not to ride the scooter, but I didn't listen...hmmmmm, I wonder where Josh gets the not listening from? I guess when you turn 30 something you lose your invincibility shield. I think I will try again when I am NOT pregnant--that sounds like a better plan. As for now I will have to nurse my pride (and road rash) back to health.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry!!! Ouch! That wasn't very nice of Aaron not to give you sympathy...any woman who has been pregnant would have been all over you making sure you were okay. I hope you feel better!

Jeff n Jill said...

How funny! Can't wait to see y'all in a few days!

KiLee said...

If you need help changing road rash bandages...ask Aaron! That was a ONCE in a lifetime thing! lol! :)