Thursday Matthew had his first cub scout day camp. I was a little nervous to send him, but he has some good leaders that watched out for him. I really wanted Aaron or me to go with him, but with Aaron being out of town and me tied to Noah we couldn't go with him. He did great and said he had fun so I hope things went as well as the leaders said. This week's Kids in the Park field trip was to a local farm. Josh went, but Matthew went to day camp instead. Josh had fun seeing all the animals and I made sure to medicate him with Zyrtec before he went to head off the allergy attack from all the animals (horses and even dogs give him hives--and yes this is Josh not Daniel). He said he had lots of fun going there, too.
Aaron returned Saturday in time for G&G T's Father's Day party at their house. We got together and had a yummy Dutch Oven dinner and got to chit chat for a while. It was nice for me because I got some adult interaction after being at home alone with five kids for the past few days. The kids had a lot of fun playing with their cousins, too. I am thankful for my Dad and the great example he was and still is for me while growing up and currently. Sunday morning Aaron got (or rather shared) breakfast in bed with all the kids. The kids had fun helping me get it ready. Since Aaron hadn't been able to perform is membership clerk duties for the last few weeks he was the one to take all the kids to church while I stayed home with Noah. Things went great until the sacrament. During the bread I guess Sarah wanted to get out and wander the aisle and her mean Dad wouldn't let her so a huge screaming tantrum occurred. Aaron went to take Sarah out the meeting only to realize it probably wouldn't be a very good idea to leave the three boys alone during the water phase of the sacrament. That's just a screaming match waiting to happen. He ended up staying in the meeting and trying to calm down a screaming Sarah. That didn't work out so well and I am sure everyone was not appreciating the screaming so he finally gave up and brought everyone home. He gets an "A" for effort, though. I am glad he is a good Dad and husband.
Sunday afternoon I made Aaron's favorite dinner of lasagna. While cleaning up we medicated the kids for bed and then let them play until bed time. Later I was reading the paper when Daniel came up to me to tell me something when something fell out of his hand. I looked down to see what it was and it was his night time medication he was supposed to have already taken. Daniel looked at me rather guiltily and then said, "But, Mom, it's the key to my door!" I have to give the kid credit for his imagination, but....grrrr. I found another loose pill the other day just sitting out on the family room floor. I guess I will have to go on a hunt for any loose pills just laying around because it appears he isn't taking them. That also explains why we had to get up last night and give him a breathing treatment since he was coughing and wheezing. The medication he is supposed to be taking but isn't is a long term preventative asthma medication. I guess it only works if you actually take it--who would have thought?!? I will have to keep my eye on that kid! Since he was up coughing last night it explains why I found him on the floor asleep this afternoon. And since Sarah shares a room with him and his coughing kept her awake as well it explains why I found her asleep on the kitchen counter about the same time. These kids like to keep things interesting around our house that's for sure!

I am such a mean Mom!!

3 comments:
Awwww!! Poor thing!! Mean Mommy waking her up! :)
Cute dress & hair on her though!
Lexi used to do the same thing with some of her pills - it drove my mom crazy. We'd all find them scattered in the house & car! Good luck with Daniel!
Also, I don't envy you having Aaron travel. I'm sure that it going to be tough - if anyone can do it, it'd be you though!
Oh, that is nasty!! Justin goes out of town also, it's hard but we make it. You are such a good mom!
Post a Comment