Since Noah is still setting off his apnea monitor we won't be changing anything. He only sets off the apnea monitor every few days, but when he does drop the heart rate too low or stops breathing he sometimes needs some stimulation to get going again. That's still a little scary, but we are learning how to work with him. He will still be on the oxygen as well as the apnea monitor until he can remember to breath all the time and not drop his heart rate. You know, I am really ok with that. I need that piece of mind to know he is doing ok before we take away everything. Other than that he loves to eat and his weight is up to 8 pounds 12 ounces, 37.5 cm head circumference and 21 inches long. He gained 1 pound 5 ounces in two weeks so that proves he loves to eat. Now I can nurse him all the time and don't have to worry about pumping and supplementing with a bottle of breast milk mixed with formula for the extra calories. YAY!! He is in the 3rd percentile for his weight and 10th percentile for his head size for a two month old. However, if you take into account his prematurity his adjusted age is only 10 days old. So if you look at the growth chart for a newborn, he is the 50th percentile for his height and weight which is great.
Today I got some help without even asking for it with Noah's bottle earlier:




2 comments:
Cute hair on that little girl of yours. Let me know when you have appts, I would be happy to take your kiddos for a few hours. We had so much fun with them the other day.
Wow. That's a lot of stuff! How is little Sydney doing??? Good job Noah on gaining weight!!!
Post a Comment