Yesterday was the grand finale of our local city day's celebration. It started out in the morning with a 5K race. Aaron decided he wanted to do the race a few months ago and has been training using
this program. It is called The Couch to 5K program. In two months it gets you ready to run the 5K and Aaron ran the 5K race yesterday after finishing the program a few weeks ago. He ran the whole time and felt great despite the very early morning race start. What a great accomplishment! To cheer him on at the end I got all the kids up and ready at 6 am--an amazing fete in itself! They were excited to see him cross the finish line. He is trying to convince me to do the next 5 K race, but I am still trying to decide if I want to. Here's a picture after the race:

After the race we took the kids to the parade. It is nice to live in a smaller city because there aren't massive crowds of people to fight with to get a decent seat for the parade.

It was a lot of fun and boy we sure did get a lot of candy. I guess that's the perks of having a big family--you have more kids to catch more candy ;). Sarah even got into the parade action this year.

Here's our candy and Frisbee stash we got after the parade:

They did have fireworks to cap off the night, but since we had had such an early morning everyone was more than ready for bed before the fireworks started. Who knows, maybe we will make it to the fireworks next year.
Daniel has sucked his thumb for as long as he's been around. It's not my favorite thing, but he is pretty stubborn and won't stop. Unfortunately I have caught Sarah starting to pick up the habit. She has never sucked her thumb until she saw Daniel do it. Now I am catching it more and more often--the little stinker!

1 comment:
Oh man! I was told they weren't allowed to throw candy at the parade so we didn't go.....I guess we should have! Good job Aaron!!!
Post a Comment