"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Monday, July 26, 2010

Catch Up

I have been slacking in the blogging department lately so here's an attempt to catch up. Last week my kids spent the majority of their time in some sort of water. Wednesday was water day at K.I.P. and when they got home, after lunch we headed over to the neighbor's house to play in the pool. When we got home Sarah was pretty worn out and fell asleep on the counter.Thursday for K.I.P was a field trip to Classic Water Slides. Later on that evening we had a get together at a ward member's house for a pool party. The kids were so excited to go to someone's house who has an inground pool. An hour before we were even going to leave, Josh and Daniel both put on their goggles and left them on the whole time. They had lots of fun. Friday morning we had our huge family pictures taken. My sister Jennifer was in town from Ohio so we got the extended family pictures taken. I will post them when I get them back from the photographer. Friday night was the Terry family reunion. We decided not to go this year just because Noah was still so little and Aaron and I still feel sorely outnumbered with all the kids. However, Saturday after the big extended reunion my parents had an immediate family get together at their house with just us siblings. It was nice to have everyone together. This is my sister Jennifer from Ohio with her youngest son Nick.Again the water slide was put up as well as the splash rocket sprinkler while we were at my parents house. I believe my kids are now turning into fish after being in so much water.Sarah has added a new skill to her arsenal. She has now figured out how to crawl on top of the barstool without any help. She can't get down, but she can get up. She has also figured out how to move it around to get to where she wants like on top of the counter, to the light switches, etc. She is quite the handful! She had pulled the barstool over to my stash and dash area because that's where all the "fun" stuff is. She smiled long enough for me to take the picture then she got back into her mischief making. I am afraid she may teach the boys a thing a two that I DON'T want them to know! However, I have to remember her sweet moments. The other day we were driving around and I looked back to find her holding Noah's hand. She let go just as I snapped the picture, but it's close enough.She also likes to give Noah lots of kisses, too. Josh has discovered the "Funnies" or comics in the paper. He gets them out every morning and reads them. Unfortunately I have to spend the next ten minutes trying to piece the paper back together so I can read the rest of it--oh well. I am glad he likes to read. Yesterday he didn't get a chance to read them until bedtime and Daniel came in to listen. We usually let them play a little bit before going to bed and this is what they chose to do. However, Daniel never made it to his own bed last night. This is how I found them before I went to bed:What crazy kids!!

No comments: