"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Free Day and Strep...Again

Yesterday was free day at the Children's Tree house Museum in Ogden. We braved it with all five kids and whoa what a handful!! We decided to split the kids up between Aaron and me so we wouldn't lose anyone. That didn't work out so well. We soon learned Sarah was very much a wanderer and needed someone to be with just her at all times. The other parent had the other three mobile boys and did fine. Noah, thankfully, is not mobile yet so he spent the whole time in the front pack. We had a lot of fun. At the end of our visit we got to attend the magic show in the theater and the boys LOVED it! Sarah didn't think too much about it and Aaron had to take her out at the beginning of the show. That left me with all four boys. Unfortunately Noah decided he was very starving right in the middle of the show. I couldn't take him out and leave the three boys alone. I reached for his binky and knocked it on the ground under the bench. I tried to find it, but it was very much lost. I rocked him and held him and got him to be mostly quiet up until the end when he couldn't be consoled any more. The show ended about then so I was able to feed him then.

When we got home we had movie night. We decided to let the kids watch Harry Potter and they loved it. Matthew didn't like it so much especially since it ended up being so long. When it was time for everyone to go to bed that's when Josh started saying he was freezing. Aaron felt his forehead and he was burning up with a fever. He had been fine all day--it is just crazy how fast they can get sick! We then called and made an appointment with the pediatrician and took him in. With Josh any sickness especially a fever can really lower his seizure threshold and cause him to have uncontrolled seizures again. So any sign of sickness I want to take him to see the doctor to see if it's something we can treat. It ended up being Strep Throat. This is his third bout of it in the space of three months. I am thinking he may need to get his tonsils taken out to prevent this repetitive strep throat thing. I guess we will be going to see the ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) doctor sometime soon to talk about it. Josh ended up getting the antibiotic shot again which he was extremely not happy about, but hopefully he will be feeling better soon.

No comments: