"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Decorated, Funeral for a Hat, Food Glorious Food

I finally got around to decorating the kids' rooms. The kids have finally been moved to the rooms they will be in for a very long time. Sarah's room of course is princess themed. I had to try and match stuff up to the mural I had painted on her wall last year. A little spray paint, a few shelves, some new curtains and bedding and voila. Here's how it turned out:

The new black out curtains Aunt Jill made:Here's the mural I had to try and work with:Had to get a canopy!

The other boys' rooms are still a work in progress. We got some curtains hung up, but I have a lot of painting to do for them to be completed.

Here are the new curtains Aunt Jill made for Noah's room. They were originally supposed to be for Josh's room, but.....it's a long story.

In March after we got Josh's seizures under control, we really needed to make sure he got enough rest since lack of sleep can bring on a seizure. Since I was laid up after having a C-section, Jill took Josh over to the fabric store and let him pick out some curtain material. After that she started sewing the black out curtains for his room in hopes the black out material could help Josh sleep later than the 5 am he kept getting up at. She started them, but as time got closer for her to go home the curtains didn't get all the way finished. The last night she was supposed to be in Utah, she was going to stay up all night and finish them. While she was sewing late into the night she didn't feel very well. She was horribly uncomfortable and in the wee hours of the morning she decided to stop sewing and go to bed--little did she know she was in preterm labor. The next morning she started bleeding and contracting--she was 25 weeks pregnant. That's when she got admitted to the hospital in preterm labor. Anyway, by the time she had Sydney and flew home on the Leer jet the unfinished curtains went with her with her promising to finish them. The curtains finally got finished and hung this weekend. Too bad they are now for Noah's room instead of Josh's room. However, Josh still goes up and looks at them and admires the nice fabric he got to pick out. Those curtains were sure a labor of love!!

Aaron has this hat he absolutely loves. Finding a hat for him that fits him, is comfortable and one that he likes is a next to impossible task. Anyway, he had this one hat he LOVED, however, it was bordering on the gross side. I finally couldn't handle it anymore and threw it in the washer against his wishes. I promised I would put it on a delicate cycle not to damage it. It got washed and I left it in the washer and forgot about it. Unfortunately the next day I threw a huge load of laundry in the washer to get washed--still forgetting about his hat. His hat didn't survive the wash. When he pulled it out he came and found me pretty upset. His hat was totally shredded. I felt so bad I let him go and pick out an early Christmas present for it's replacement. Oops!

As for Noah he has finally decided that baby food isn't such a bad thing. I am glad because that means I can escape for a few hours without him screaming for food since he won't take a bottle only me. He is getting so big!! Anyway I will post some more pictures of the kids rooms soon.

1 comment:

KiLee said...

I love the rooms!! Way to go on that! Also, it's awesome that you have such an amazing sister-in-law!