Yesterday the kids all had an appointment with the pediatric dentist. Before we went I made sure to really scrub their teeth and to floss them really well. The kids actually let me scrub them pretty well which I was surprised about. I took a big sigh of relief when there were no cavities for anyone. YAY!! Josh's front teeth are chipped pretty badly. They got chipped from his two different falls on them in the summer. They are also super sensitive and very sharp (to the point of cutting his tongue) so the dentist decided it would be best to patch them. I made the appointment to patch them in January so our flex spending account will be reset because it is not going to be a cheap fix. Hopefully, Josh will stop using his teeth to break his falls from now on!!
We weren't sure how Sarah would be at this visit since last time all she would let them do is take a minute look in her mouth before she was screaming and jumping out of the chair. This time it looked like it wouldn't be any different. They wanted to try and get some X-rays of her teeth. I jumped up in the chair and put her in my lap to try and help out. Once they laid a finger on her she was bucking, kicking and screaming. She jumped out of the chair and ran down the hall screaming because she did not want anyone to mess with her. However, I let her come and watch Matthew get his X-rays done. Once she saw Matthew got it done she couldn't wait to jump up in the chair for her turn. I didn't even need to hold her in my lap either. She jumped up in the chair without a whimper--crazy girl!! She just has to be just like her brothers. She thinks she is 2 going on 20!! She sat and let them take 3 different pictures.

Afterward we let all the boys go first for their cleanings and exams and let her watch them. After seeing her brothers get it done we didn't have any problem with her cooperating. If it was good enough for her brothers it was good enough for her.
Daniel was more than happy to crawl up in the chair because he wanted to watch the movie that was playing. Really my kids are such couch potatoes. The whole world could blow up around them, but if the TV were on they would never know. If I want anything done at home the TV has to be off or else they would be too transfixed by the screen to do anything. Anyway, Daniel was more than happy to comply with anything because the movie was on.

Josh is the same way about TV. He could be watching the test panel and still not notice anything going on around him.

It was pretty hard to get Matthew to stop talking long enough to let the dentist have a look in his mouth. He was telling him all about the freeways, going to the cabin and about the brush car wash.

Sarah couldn't wait for her turn. She kept trying to crawl up into the chair while Daniel was finishing his exam. When it was her turn she crawled up into the chair and got comfy.

She let them brush/polish her teeth.

She even let them floss her teeth--every single one without fighting them.

She got a little nervous when the dentist came to take a look. However, she figured if it was good enough for her brothers it was good enough for her and let him take a really good look.

I was so amazed about how cooperative she was I had to take the pictures to document it!! Well all the kids are good until their next check up in June--except for Josh who goes back in January to get his front teeth fixed. What an adventure!!
2 comments:
That is awesome. I have been putting off taking the kids to the dentist since we moved...oops. I really need to get that done! Hopefully Kita will be good & Ryker will be like Sarah!
Pretty cute!
Post a Comment