Aunt Jill came for a visit this week thus no blogging posts so here's the catch up of this week. Of course Jill can't come here without helping me out with some project or another. This
visit's project was to help me decorate the kids' bedrooms. We have lived here for almost 8 years and my kid's bedroom walls don't have a whole lot on them. I wanted to change that. In going around shopping for different things we stuck Noah and Sydney in the stroller together. They did really well together. Noah loved sucking on Sydney's head anytime he got the opportunity. Here he is pulling her head closer so he can suck it:

Luckily she was a pretty easy going baby who didn't mind most of the time. If Noah couldn't get a hold of her head he would settle for his fist.

We would set them down in different places and Noah would purposefully work his way toward Sydney so he could suck her head. Hey--it got him to somewhat learn how to army crawl. Maybe when he's ready to try walking we can invite Sydney over and use her head for his incentive...

They loved being together:

The other kids loved having her and Jill around as well. They know Jill as their second Mom since she took full care of them for almost a month around the end of my pregnancy and after Noah's birth. Sydney fit in with all the chaos in our house. Hey, what's one more screaming child? She is a sweet baby, though. She loves to smile and coo.

While Jill was here visiting it snowed. It snowed enough the kids were able to go out and make a snowman. Aaron went out to help in his all purpose flip flops, shorts and T-shirt.

Why he didn't get warmer clothes on I will never know. After making the snowman it turned into a snowball fight. By the end Aaron was FREEZING!!

Sarah saw everyone outside and insisted on going out with them. She was only wearing her pajamas so she grabbed what she could and forced her way outside. She grabbed Noah's coat and her mismatched shoes without socks, but she didn't complain because she was outside having fun with everyone else.

I have found a yummy pumpkin cookie recipe that happens to be Daniel friendly. Judging by Sarah's face she seemed to like them. She also waited until our backs were turned and crawl up on the counter and stuff handfuls into her mouth until someone came and stopped her.

We have been having a problem with Daniel tearing his sheets off his bed every night/morning. Finally after completely remaking his bed after about the fourth morning I had had enough. I asked Daniel (rather angrily), "Why do you keep ripping the sheets off your bed?" He thought about it for a minute and then replied, "Mom, I just wake up angry." After that I made him remake his own bed. The first morning I made him remake his bed he got even more angry. It took him over two hours with much wailing and gnashing of teeth to finally remake his bed. Magically after making him remake his bed he stopped waking up angry and ripping the sheets off his bed every morning. Funny how that works. Here he is remaking his bed rather unhappily:

Daniel had a pretty rough afternoon the other day. He was messing around and knocked the phone and charger back behind the TV. I made him wiggle back there to pick it up. While he was behind the TV he cut his finger on something. Wow, I never thought anyone could howl so loud for so long. He came out from behind the TV and screamed until he got a
bandaid on his finger. The
bandaid made it magically feel 100% better because the screaming and crying immediately stopped. Right after that he got in trouble for something else and was upset enough he started looking for his
blankee to comfort himself. Unfortunately, Noah had purposefully rolled/scooted over on top of his
blankee because it was so soft. While Noah was on top of Daniel's
blankee he barfed everywhere. When Daniel saw that he was quite upset. Me upon seeing the situation started laughing. Daniel got really mad and yelled at me, "IT'S NOT FUNNY MOM!!" That made it even more humorous, but I had to try and stifle my giggles until Daniel wasn't looking at me anymore. We had to throw Daniel's
blankee in the washer so in the meantime he had to find comfort elsewhere.
We were cleaning up the house before Aunt Jill came and Aaron found Sarah's tutu. He put it on her and she wore it all day. She even fell asleep in it that afternoon. Yes she is still in her pajamas. We spent the whole day cleaning so I never changed her out of them because we weren't going anywhere. Anyway she loved wearing her tutu.

Her tutu didn't slow her down in slightest. I had made some Cafe Rio burritos for dinner. I had cleaned everything up except I had gotten distracted and left the salad dressing on the counter. Sarah seized the opportunity. While no one was looking, she climbed on the counter, tutu and all, grabbed the spoon and started shoveling it in, dripping it everywhere in the process.

I don't know if you can launder the tulle (the tutu material) but at this point I don't have anything to lose. It's ruined as it is so I will let you know how the washing of it turns out. Oh that little girl!!!

For the birthday party Daniel attended at Chuck E. Cheese's the other day he got a photo card. It is a little plastic card with his picture printed on it. He brought it home and was so excited. He told me, "Mom, Mom I have a card. I can buy stuff now." I wish it were only that easy! The next day he was even more excited because he then told me, "Mom I have this card so that means I can go to Dad's work, too!" What an imagination--and what a goofy face!! He is a ham when it comes to taking pictures!

Sarah is not the funnest person to shop with. She likes to play the game hide and seek in the racks as well as lets see how fast I can run away from you. She also screams bloody murder if you try and put her in the cart, too. Let's just sum it up and say shopping with her is definitely not for the weak of heart. However, the other day I was trying to look at something and she was strangely quiet. I looked over to see she had found the shoe section. She was in heaven finding all the shoes and trying them all on. Here's she proudly modeling the huge pair of boy shoes she had found:

She got a little upset when she couldn't get the plastic tie undone that was holding them together. She got even more upset when we made her take them off and put them back.
We were also at Ikea earlier in the week. Jill and I were looking at something when she snuck off. I finally heard her say, "It's broten (broken)". I looked to see she had crawled up on a desk and was trying to push the buttons on a fake computer. When nothing happened with the computer and no one came to get her she must have figured the computer was broken. She's a crazy kid!!
2 comments:
What fun memories! Let's see...we've painted almost the whole house, organized/decluttered/rearranged bedrooms, decorated Sarah's room, made curtains for all the others, ... We need to figure something out for my next visit.. I don't know if there are any more projects for us to do! :)
Waking up mad...oh that boy! And Sarah - every time I read a post about her latest shenanigans, I just shake my head and laugh.
Post a Comment