"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Monday, January 31, 2011

AHHH, I Have a Mullet!!!

After I had Noah a lot of my hair fell out. It is finally now growing back in, but it is leaving fly aways all over that are about two inches long all over my head especially around my face. I also have really thin, fine hair so I needed some volume put in it. I told the stylist all this so she came up with a plan. This is the same stylist I have gone to for a few years now so she knows me. She tried to blend in my fly aways by giving me bangs. She then gave me layers to give my hair volume. It was good in theory, however, when I came home Aaron told me it looks like a mullet. Unfortunately, I agree with him somewhat. Now I am trying to decide what to do. Should I patiently grow out my bangs and layers so the mullet will eventually go away, Do I cut the rest of my hair off and donate it to Locks of Love and try to salvage what I have, or do I move to San Fransisco and join the other redneck/mullet lover women? Oh decisions, decisions...It makes me sad because I wanted to grow out my hair all the way--not just the back part of it--dang hair dresser!! Daniel's Pink Eye has finally cleared up, however he has had the flu with a high fever all weekend long. I thought he had the same flu bug as Sarah, Noah, Josh and Matthew had, but it can never be that easy can it? He was up all night last night coughing and feeling pretty crummy. He finally fell asleep about 5:30 am and slept in until 8:30 am when he came down stairs saying he felt itchy all over. I took his shirt off to find him covered in hives from head to toe. He hadn't eaten anything since Sunday at lunch so I didn't think it was an allergic reaction. I had to take Noah in to the pediatrician this morning to get his RSV shot so I called and they were able to squeeze Daniel in with Noah's appointment. The hives were Daniel's body's reaction to the flu bug which is not too common, but something that can happen. Weird!! So Daniel is getting a cocktail of Tylenol, ibuprofen and benadryl around the clock until he gets over this flu bug. I always know when it is time to remedicate him because his whininess increases by at least 100 fold!!I did have to take Noah in this morning for his 3rd round of Synagis (RSV) shots this morning. He is up to 18. 4 pounds. In doing the check up the doctor discovered he had a raging ear infection in his left ear--poor kid. So he is now on an antibiotic and hopefully he starts feeling better soon. He has been getting up at night pretty frequently the last two weeks and I am becoming a zombie. I just thought it was because he is getting four new teeth in at once right now, but it was probably because his ears were hurting. Poor kid from all fronts--ears and mouth!

This week is parent teacher conferences. I have mixed feelings about them. Josh's parent teacher conference was today. As always he is doing fabulous. There are a few areas he could use some extra practice, but overall pretty good in everything. He got to show me a variety of projects he has been working on. One of the projects they got to write down some questions for Martin Luther King, Jr. Here's Josh's questions:

"In Heaven do you marry girls? Are there wars up there?..." The rest I can't quite decipher, but still an interesting tid bit of what things actually go through his mind. When we got home from the doctor's office and pharmacy we had some lunch. During lunch Sarah was just watching Daniel. She absolutely loves him. Everything Daniel did she would copy. Daniel was holding his hands behind his head and she had to copy--funny girl.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Poor kid... Looks like it hurts!