"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Earning Your Keep

Thursday night/Friday morning we got a snow storm. As of late the boys love to help with the shoveling. Usually they help Aaron with shoveling, but since he was out of town that left it up to me. We didn't get started until after Matthew had left for school so Matthew wasn't able to help us. However, Josh and Daniel were excited to help. Surprising enough they actually did a pretty good job. I did have to re do a few spots and tell Daniel not to pile the snow in the area I had just finished shoveling, but other than that it went pretty great. It wasn't until we were almost done shoveling I noticed Daniel out there with just his cast on with his bare toes hanging out. He didn't complain about his toes being cold which I was surprised about. I guess shoveling is one way to make them earn their keep around here--even if they are injured.
While we were outside shoveling Sarah was coming unglued. She was afraid she was going to get left behind because she wasn't dressed. While I was outside she screamed, ran upstairs and found some clothes (a tee shirt and shorts) and put on her green shoes with no socks. When we came back inside when we were done shoveling, she wouldn't let me sit down until I got her dressed.

1 comment:

KiLee said...

Give those boys a few more years & you won't have to shovel anymore! :) I can't believe how grown up your family is getting!!!