Thursday, January 27, 2011
Pink Eye and the Gang
Yesterday Daniel woke up with a very red and crusty eye. I HATE Pink Eye!! It is such a pain because you have to get a prescription in order to clear it up. That means I have to take not only Daniel, but Sarah and Noah in to the pediatrician with me. Not fun! I nicknamed them Mr. Pink Eye and the Gang. After the visit to the doctor it means yet another trip over to the pharmacy to pick up the prescription. That basically blew my whole day. However, I was able to request a refill on the prescription so if anyone else gets it I won't need another doctor's visit.
Friday I did some grocery shopping and I splurged. The grocery store had their chocolate milk on sale so I bought two gallons. Unfortunately, Daniel can't drink cows milk of any kind so he was a little miffed he didn't get any chocolate milk. However, we did find out that Hershey's Chocolate Syrup contains no dairy, nuts or eggs in it so we picked up some of that. That way Daniel could make his own chocolate milk with the Soy milk. Daniel never quite got the hang of mixing chocolate syrup in with the soy milk. He thought he needed to fill the glass up with chocolate syrup until it looked chocolaty without even mixing it up. Needless to say the whole large bottle of chocolate syrup only lasted 5 days before it was gone--the chocolate cow's milk only lasted about two days, too. My family must love chocolate milk! Anyway, I could tell when Daniel made his own chocolate milk because of all the unmixed leftover syrup coating the sides and bottom of the glass. Have a side of milk with all that syrup!
No wonder the large bottle of chocolate syrup only lasted five days!
We have been trying to get Daniel to drink more milk so he won't get so many broken bones. However, this last week after breakfast he kept rubbing his eyes, sneezing and breaking out with hives on his face. I looked at everything he had been eating and found nothing out of the ordinary. It wasn't until I checked the Silk Soy Milk container to see that it now may contain almonds or coconuts. It must actually contain them because Daniel was really reacting to something! That must be the reason he was having an allergic reaction every morning this week. The soy milk I bought a couple weeks ago didn't contain this warning on the box because I still had an old container I doubled checked with. I hate it when tried and true brands start changing their ingredients or allergens!! Now next time I go to the store I will be on the hunt for a brand of soy milk that won't have any allergens contained within them!!
Yesterday morning Josh woke up complaining of a headache. With Josh you never know if he is just saying that or he really does have a headache. I felt his head and he felt fine so I gave him some ibuprofen and sent him to school. When I picked him up from school he got to the car and said his back and stomach hurt and that he still had a headache. I felt his head and he was burning up. His temperature was 103 degrees to be exact. Poor Josh. I guess he has now caught the flu that Sarah and Noah had. I need to restock my Tylenol and Ibuprofen since my stock is getting depleted with so many kids getting sick. However, there is a bright side. Aaron was supposed to go out of town for another week long business trip next week. It looks like he won't have to go next week. Yay!! At least I will have some extra help in dealing with sick kids next week. I can't wait until cold and flu season is over!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment