While Aaron, Noah and I were in San Diego the kids had tons of fun at G&G T's house. They got to go to Toy-R-Us and peruse the aisles. G&G T let them play with anything and everything in the store they wanted to. They also got to go to the dollar store and pick out two toys a piece. Later on they made cookies and went out for lunch at McDonald's play land. Josh was pretty excited because Grandma lets him take a bath in her big bathtub. However, he must be a boxer man instead of briefs. I found that out because I only packed him briefs, but when I saw him get dressed Tuesday morning he was still wearing his boxers--the same pair he was wearing when I dropped them off on the previous Friday. I know I didn't pack any other boxers when I packed their weekend bag. I am hoping he didn't wear the same pair of underwear straight for 5 days, but I wouldn't put anything past Josh. Maybe another hygiene Family Home Evening Lesson will be in order...Matthew was excited because Grandpa took him out and let him shovel snow. For some reason he loves shoveling snow--yay for me and Aaron!! Maybe for his birthday we should get him his own snow shovel. G&G T even braved taking them all to church on Sunday. The kids actually were all very well behaved for them at church! I had to make sure we were talking about the same children--the same kids, in fact, that have been so rotten the two weeks previously we all had to leave church early. Yes it was the same kids. Daniel crawled up in Grandpa's lap and fell asleep. Sarah fell asleep on Grandma and the other two boys colored. However, as Sunday went on Sarah started getting a fever. By Sunday night she was pretty miserable. Monday everyone was stuck at home because Sarah was sick. By the time I got in Monday night she was pretty sick. I ended up taking her, along with the four other kids because Aaron was gone, to the doctor's office on Tuesday morning. Just FYI taking five kids to the doctor's office isn't very fun. Anyway, it appears Sarah has the flu. She has been feeling pretty bad.

She has been wanting to be held at all times. Unfortunately, so did Noah. Whenever I put her down, she would follow me around wanting to be picked up again. One time I turned around and it was very quiet. I then found her asleep at the top of the stairs--poor thing!

Josh, Daniel and Aaron all got their flu shots, but I never got around to getting the rest of us our flu shots. I think I am regretting that! Sarah has been pretty sick the whole week. She has had a fever of 103.5 all week long. Tylenol and ibuprofen will bring it down a few degrees, but she never really cooled off until this morning. However, Noah woke up with a raging fever this morning--Doh!! Looks like I will be having another long week...
Anyway, while we were stuck at home all week long since Sarah was sick and Aaron was out of town we made our own fun. The first night I sent the kids to get their pajamas on after dinner. Matthew got into Daniel's dresser instead of his, and this is the lovely ensemble he picked out to for pajamas. It's impressive to see he can actually put on Daniel's clothes even if they were incredibly too small for him. Who knows, maybe belly shirts and Capri pajama pants might come into style for 9 year old boys soon...

It was nice to get Matthew and Josh back to school on Wednesday. Wednesday after lunch I gave Daniel and Sarah a treat. Daniel then told me, "Mom, Do you know what?" "YOU ROCK!!" Where do 5 year olds hear things like this? However, it backfired on me the next day when I told Daniel he couldn't do something. He looked at me and said, "Mom, I forgot that you rock!" He said it trying to make me feel bad. It didn't work. It's hard to take him seriously when his face looks like this:

Since we had a hard week I went and got myself a drink at Sonic Thursday. Noah saw it and went after it. He knows the straw goes in your mouth, but he doesn't know what to do after that. Hopefully he won't figure it out too soon because I don't want to have to share. I already have to share with Sarah I don't want to share with Noah, too.
I am glad Aaron is now home from his two week business trip. It is nice to have some help and not have to take all five kids with me if I want to go somewhere. Glad I am not a single parent. I do believe I would burn out really fast if I were.
1 comment:
That video is pretty cute! I hope for your sake that he doesn't figure out the straw too soon!
Post a Comment