As for other things Aunt Jill was out for a visit this week and of course she can't come to visit without painting something :). We redid three of the four bathrooms. We painted them all and decorated them. We also replaced the light fixtures. We painted all the vanities a dark brown. i was a little nervous at first, but I think they turned out great! Here's the basement bathroom:
As for today (Mother's Day) Aaron let me sleep in a little bit. Then he got all the kids to help fix me breakfast in bed. I didn't get much of the breakfast because the kids grabbed all the food off my plate to feed themselves-- even Noah. Oh well it was the thought that counts!! The kids also gave me their homemade gifts--that is the highlight of my mother's day every year!! I love seeing the cute things they make at school!!
The other morning the boys took a shower and got out of the bathroom to get dressed. Before I knew it Sarah had stripped down and hopped in the shower with her diaper on. She then grabbed the wet bar of soap and rubbed it all over her head and her body. At that point she actually did need a shower because she was so soapy.
This week since we have had visitors Sarah had to share her room with Josh and Daniel. Josh wanted to sleep on the window seat, but Sarah threw a fit. Once Josh got off the window seat she hopped on and guarded her territory and didn't let anyone get on the window seat. That is where she eventually fell asleep.
Noah fell asleep while eating his poptart the other morning. One minute he was awake the next he was completely out. I wish I could fall asleep that easy and fast!!
We are getting a new vinyl fence put in, but in order to get it in we had to get the old fence out. We listed it on KSL.com classifieds for free and we had so many calls about the dilapidated free wood fence we had to finally pull the ad off. Some guy came out and dug up the whole fence (cement and all ) and hauled it off. Awesome!! However, in the yard where the old fence posts were there were some huge holes. Aaron filled them in with some dirt and he even got some extra help from Daniel. I can't wait to get the fence finished next week!!
Yesterday we were out and about and the kids wanted a drink. We stopped by Sonic during happy hour and got them all slushies (they are like slurpees). Sarah loved hers as you can tell by her hands and face which are blue. After she drank some of it she then took the lid off and tried to pour it into her bubbles container. She ended up getting it all over the floor instead. Good thing I love her or else.....
Noah is getting to be such a big boy. He has started pulling himself up to things. When he does he is quite proud of himself, too.
This picture he is surrounded by laundry. The laundry has been neglected all week long since we were painting so much. Now I am being swallowed up by it as you can see by all the sorted piles on the floor. I know what I will be working on this week for sure!!

2 comments:
The bathrooms turned out great...if I do say so myself! :) You forgot to mention the front door got painted & would've had new hardware if it weren't for the fact that after going through 2 different doorknobs and them not working, we stuck with the lovely "gold" colored ones with different keys. :)
Yes, you are right...I think it will be a very long time before I pick up another paintbrush!!!
Your sister-in-law is awesome. Seriously! The bathrooms look great - I'm totally envious that you get to do stuff like that. That's the bummer with renting - no change allowed!! Maybe someday we'll own a home & you & Jill can come help me?! :)
Post a Comment