Noah got tubes put in his ears this morning. I was worried because he can't eat or drink anything after midnight and when morning hits, Noah is one hungry little boy. I had to wake him up this morning to take him for the surgery. There is just something wrong with waking up a soundly sleeping baby!! Anyway, we got to the hospital, checked in and waited. Noah was pretty good natured while we were waiting.

That is until they came to take him away. He got pretty ticked off at that point. I felt horrible listening to him cry. Good thing the surgery is so quick. The doctor came out to talk to me about 15 minutes later to tell me he did ok and that he also had a major ear infection in his right ear they had to wash out. From there Noah went to recovery for a few minutes, but there were no parents allowed back there. From recovery they took him over to the pediatric wing of the hospital where parents could rejoin their kids. As soon as they got him back to pediatrics they called and actually came and got me at the same time because Noah was pretty ticked and screaming his head off. They needed me to get down there to calm him down because he was one really angry baby. They try to get him to drink something while at the hospital, but the bottles they had didn't have a nipple on them that Noah liked so he screamed even harder. I tried giving him a sippy cup, but he didn't want that either. He just wanted to scream. They got two sets of vital signs on him in about 30 minutes then they let us come home--thank goodness!! I think they just got tired of listening to him scream! Anyway we came home and he had a nap and is an extremely happy baby now. He is happy enough to be back to his old tricks of emptying out the diaper cubby and turning off the DVR--the little stinker!!

Sundays we try to have quiet time. Quiet time is where the kids can either take a nap, read or do quiet activities in their rooms for two hours while Mom and Dad get to enjoy two hours of kid free time
during the day. However, not every quiet time is quiet. Since the bedroom in the basement is torn apart until we get the sheet rock replaced Daniel and Josh are sleeping on a mattress on the floor in the toy room/extra family room in the basement. Well toy rooms, quiet time and two boys sharing a mattress on the floor don't make for a very peaceful quiet time. A few minutes after we sent them downstairs we heard a big crash. We ran down there to find Josh was practicing his WWF moves. He climbed on top of the bookshelf to jump off the top onto the mattress on the floor. Now that bookshelf is particle board and not made for 70+ pound children to jump off of. Josh broke off the three top shelves and split the bookshelf at the seam. Great! We got mad at him and told him to knock it off--that lasted until we were back upstairs and had shut the door. Next we heard a big thud and Daniel just screaming. Daniel came upstairs with a HUGE, bruised egg size goose egg on the front of his head. Josh and Daniel were wrestling around on the mattress when Josh kicked Daniel into the wall. Needless to say yesterday's quiet time wasn't so quiet and peaceful for Aaron and me. I can't wait until we can get the basement back to normal!! Here's the poor broken up bookshelf:

Yesterday Matthew was assigned a talk in primary. In the rush of me getting everyone ready and dressed Aaron wrote up Matthew's talk. When we got to church and dropped everyone off where they needed to go Aaron and I met up again at the primary room to listen to Matthew give his talk. I wasn't expecting anything out of the ordinary so when Matthew started reading the talk Aaron wrote I was touched. Here's the sweet talk Matthew gave in primary for Mother's Day:
Today my talk is on Mother's Day. Mother's Day is a time when we celebrate the women in our lives, our grandmothers, aunts, sisters and especially our mothers. Mothers hold a special place in our Heavenly Father's plan and in His kingdom. We should always honor and respect them.
My mother is very special to me. I show her I love her by cooking breakfast for her on Mother's Day and by helping her with my younger siblings. She shows me she loves me by reading with me and helping me with my homework. She takes me to the store with her. Whenever I behave good at school, she also takes me to get a special treat--just me and her. She signs my home note. She does everything I tell her to. I love her very much, a hundred trillion times. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
That made me tear up. It was such a pleasant surprise! I was touched by it and thankful Aaron could help Matthew write up that talk in Matthew's words. That made my day!!
2 comments:
I got to hear Matthew give his talk on Sunday. He did an awesome job! I especially liked the "hundred trillion times" part. Before he gave his talk, he made sure that number was a lot.
I totally teared up just reading the talk on your blog! So sweet!
Maybe with more practice, Josh will make it big in professional wrestling someday! He'll have Daniel to thank! :)
Post a Comment