Back in February there was a great deal for some unlimited activity passes to a place called Hollywood Connection down in West Valley. I bought five passes and we decided to try them out Friday since it was Aaron's Friday off from work. We were busy getting everyone ready to leave, but before we left Sarah somehow found the only man eating table in existence and got stuck in it. She was NOT happy about it. However, once we got her unstuck she went and tried to sit in it again so I guess it didn't bother her too badly.

Hollywood Connection is kind of small indoor amusement park. The kids saw this fun ride at the first and wanted to ride it. I have never really had a great tolerance for spinning rides and as I get older my tolerance for them is really decreasing. The kids pleaded with me to go on this ride and I reluctantly did, but I really regretted it. Aaron rode with Sarah and Matthew.

I got paired up with Josh and Noah. Now this ride really spins. Not only does the ride itself spin, but the individual carts spin as well. You can even make them spin faster if you want to and Josh really wanted to make them spin.

Of course he had Aaron egging him on telling him to spin it faster and faster. I think he just wanted to see how green I could get. I couldn't wait for the stupid ride to end. I refused to go on this ride again. I don't think I missed out on too much either. Later on Daniel rode this ride again and got paired up with a little boy who really made the cart spin. During the ride you can hear him scream, "I AM SO DIZZY!!" After the ride stopped he stumbled off and over to where we were standing. It took him a bit to regain his balance after that round.
They also had a skating rink inside this place. I am so thankful it was NOT very busy when we were there because our kids were speed bumps everyone had to step over. They fell so much!! I am sure their butts are covered with bruises because they fell so much. Here's one picture of Sarah and Daniel both on the floor after falling.

I took Sarah around the rink. She was just dead weight. She didn't even try to stand on her skates. She just wanted me to carry her and let her skate wheels turn. My arms lasted about one time around the rink carrying her dead weight until they gave out. In the corner of the picture you can see Josh's feet sprawled out from his most recent fall.

Aaron refused to put skates on so I was out on the rink having all the kids grab me and trying not to fall myself. Matthew and Josh actually did well seeing as this is the first time they have been on skates. Daniel got out on the rink, fell and crab walked back to the benches to sit down. Aaron tried to help him back out on the rink to grab hold of me. Aaron gave him a little nudge and boy did he fall. After that he refused to even stand up on the skates again. Needless to say we didn't spend much time at the skating rink since the only ones who enjoyed it were Josh and me.
They also had a miniature golf course. Again let me say I am so glad it wasn't very busy that day. Our kids were animals on the course!!

They just ran from hole to hole to see how fast they could get the ball in the hole. It didn't matter if they used their clubs, feet, or hands just as long as they could get their golf ball in the hole. Aaron and I actually wanted to play, but playing an actual game took a lot longer than running from hole to hole. Finally when they caught up to the people in front of us and tried to golf around them we stopped them. We made them sit on the bench and wait for us to catch up. They weren't very happy about that.

Sarah just liked to put her ball where she wanted. She would hit it then move it if she didn't like where it ended up. She even helped another guy out when his ball didn't get very close to the hole. She picked up his ball and gave it back to him. He wasn't too happy. Oh well.
They also had some bumper cars we all went on. Sarah was about a foot shorter than the height requirement, but no one asked any questions so here she is in her own car.

She didn't really care for the ride because she couldn't figure out how to make the car move. She would just get out in the car and sit in the same spot the whole ride. She only moved when someone bumped into her. The other kids LOVED it. We went on this ride multiple times and it was so not busy we never had to wait in line. It was great. This picture shows Daniel, Matthew, Sarah and Aaron bumping in to each other.

Another ride was a mini roller coaster. Again Sarah was about a foot short of the height requirement, but the attendant said she didn't care if we brought her on. Sweet!! Everyone loved this one, too.

They also had a carousel. The whole family could go on this ride at the same time which was nice. You can see Sarah, Daniel, Noah and me having a fun ride.

Daniel was so excited to ride on the dragon. That's the one he chose to ride almost every time--crazy kid!!

It was a fun day. We were all pretty worn out by the end of the day. Hopefully I can find the passes on sale again because we would like to go back.
2 comments:
That looks like a LOT of fun. I haven't skated in years & I'm sure I'd be one of those 'speed bumps' in the middle of the rink!
That is also awesome that Sarah got to ride the rides that she didn't quite make the height on - I can only imagine how upset she'd been if she'd been left behind! :)
So I guess I'm logged in as Nate - sorry!! It's really KiLee! :)
Post a Comment