Wow, I have almost survived the first week of summer and more importantly the kids have survived as well. Matthew, Josh and Daniel have been doing Kids in the Park--a recreation program put on by our city. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they spend three hours in the park playing games and doing crafts. Thursday is field trip day where they go somewhere fun--anything from swimming to bowling to hiking. Today was their first field trip and it was to Nicklecade. They each got a roll of nickles to last them the whole time. Daniel was so excited because he got to ride on a school bus for the very first time. They each brought their sack lunches and afterward had a picnic in the park. It seemed like it was a fun field trip by what they said afterward. For field trip day they all have to wear their Kids in the Park shirts. Here they are modeling their shirts. Sarah, of course, can't pass up a photo op and squoze her way in between the oldest boys so she could be in the picture as well.

When we dropped the boys off at the park this morning Sarah became quiet upset that everyone got out of the car except her. She expected to go along with them and when she realized she wasn't going with them she came unglued. She kept asking/telling me, "Undo it, Mom!!" while pointing at her seat belt. Poor girl!!

I think I got back on her good side when we went over to the store and browsed the shoe department. I only wanted to be a few minutes, but Sarah had other plans. As soon as she saw all the shoes she kicked off her flip flops and tried every pair within her reach. She found these boots that were a size too small, but she still wanted to try them on. She pulled and pulled and couldn't quite get them on.

She then started rolling around on the ground pulling them on as hard as she could. After about 5 minutes of watching her wrestle with this too small pair of boots, I made her take them off and put her flip flops back on so we could get going. Funny girl!!

After we picked up the boys from their field trip we headed over to do some bowling. In the middle of the first game Sarah came up missing. I found her hiding behind the chairs taking care of business. I guess an outing just isn't an outing unless someone poops their pants at some point--geez!!

I really had my hands full with all five kids so I didn't have a chance to change her. I am sure the poor people around us didn't appreciate that, but that's the way it goes when it's 5 versus 1. I didn't want to even imagine what would happen if I left the other four kids alone while I left to change Sarah. I think it would not turn out well at all... It is hard enough when I am present!! Even while I was with them today Josh got into trouble. It was his turn to bowl so I turned around to see where he was. When I saw him he had wet spots all over his shirt. I asked him what had happened. He told me he had found a styrofoam cup with some soda in it so he drank it and in the process spilled soda all down the front of his shirt. I saw the cup he was referring to and it had been on the table since before we had even started bowling and it wasn't any of ours either. YUCK!! Anyone up for some ABC soda? I hear strangers floaties always taste better. Mmmmmmmmm!!
Anyway, in trying to keep the house clean at all times for potential home buyers, it is very difficult! Especially when I have helpers like Noah!!
I can't tell you how many times I have cleaned up this table runner and book just today. I lost track after 5. I love my kids, I love my kids, I love my kids....
1 comment:
One week down....how many left???? We need to find a time to meet at the park or something!
Post a Comment