"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rookie League

Yesterday I was brave and decided to try taking the kids swimming by myself. I can honestly say it is easier when I have someone else to help me. Matthew kept drinking the water (I am trying not to think about how gross that is!!) and had to go potty every 5 minutes it seemed. That meant I had to gather everyone up, put sandals on and take everyone to the potty. That got real old really fast!! Other than that I think it was a success. Daniel even ventured on to the slide a couple times which is a great development!
After leaving the pool we got home in time for dinner than for Josh to start his Rookie League practice. It is a program for 5 year olds to help them learn T-ball skills. They work on batting, fielding, catching, etc. Since we had been swimming earlier the kids were really tired and Josh just seemed to have that glassy eyed look all through his practice and no energy. When it was over it was bed time for the kids and they were so tired they went to bed without any fighting last night--which is amazing!! I don't think we'll go swimming before Josh's next practice so he can actually be awake and alert enough to learn something!

I have found more evidence that I live with monkeys!! Last night after the kids were in bed I was on my way out to Young Women when I heard a huge thump and then screaming. Knowing from experience that can't be a good thing, I went upstairs to meet Daniel in the hallway with a bloody nose and bloody mouth with a nice fat lip--which he still has this morning. I went and asked Josh what happened and I guess Daniel was climbing on the chest of drawers and slipped and fell in between Josh's bed and the drawers. The song Ten Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed one fell off and broke his head...then flowed through my mind, but this time I didn't call the doctor I just knew to not let them jump or climb on the bed/drawers. That's what I get living with monkeys AKA BOYS!!! The picture doesn't quite do it justice.

No comments: