"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Monday, June 23, 2008

What a Weekend!!

Friday morning I had an OB appointment. I am 31 weeks today and things are so far so good. We got to see in the ultrasound it looks like she has some hair. I just hope it isn't that spooky baby hair Daniel and Josh had that doesn't lay down, but at least with a girl you can put cute bows and headbands in it :).

This weekend was great. Aaron and I had a much needed mini vacation and Grandma and Grandpa Terry were very nice to watch the kids for us over the weekend. To make it an official vacation we even stayed in a hotel. While we were there we got to get in a temple session, a movie, some shopping that was scream free, and we went and saw the play Les Miserables. It is one of my favorites since this is about the 7th or 8th time I have seen it between Broadway, London and here. I think Aaron even enjoyed it, but he will never let on. It was just nice to have a much needed break before the baby gets here!!

The kids seemed to have a lot of fun as well. G&G took them to feed ducks, to the store, to the park, to see the horses in the neighborhood, and they even braved taking them to church. We were quite impressed. The kids had the funnest time with the blow up waterslide in the backyard playing on it with a lot of their cousins. Daniel was too afraid to go on the slide at first until he saw his cousin Tess, who is the same age, go down. I guess his machoism came out and he couldn't be outdone. He went right up and went down and didn't stop until it was time to come inside. The kids informed me that G&G house is a lot more fun than theirs and they were sad to go, but alas, all good things must come to an end! Everyone was pretty worn out--even G&G I think--by the time we got home and amazingly enough they are all still asleep this morning. All in all it was a great weekend. Thanks G&G Terry!!

No comments: