our anniversary, Aaron's birthday and Father's Day all so close together it got me thinking about how greatful I am for my husband and for my kid's dad. With all the statistics about divorce--80% of all parents of autistic children end in divorce--I am truly grateful that is one area we have not had a problem with. He has taught me so much and has been and continues to be very patient with me with all we have been through. The top things I love are--in no particular order1. How he has taught me not to take things so seriously and to laugh more at myself. Even the serious issues we have had to go through, mostly with children, we are able to get through by seeing the humorous aspects of it. Even in my worst moods he can get me to smile.
2. I love how he is willing to pitch in to help with any household chore even if it is putting away the dreaded laundry pile that never truly seems to be done.
3. How he is willing to help me out either with buying feminine supplies or underwear, painting my toenails when I am hugely pregnant, or bringing home flowers after a hard day he has always been willing to help out--although embarrassed at times.
4. How he loves spending time as a family whether it is going to the store, vacation or the doctor together as fun as that can be :).
5. How he is very encouraging and supportive. He encourages and supports me whether it is watching the kids so I can take community education classes or through my callings at church. He has spent many late night taking care of the kids while I am at young women, helping me out in nursery, and listening and helping me prepare my endless Relief Society lessons--since I have had that calling 4 times!!--and never complained.
6. How he is willing to provide for our family.
7. How he is very smart in everything from electronics to helping me with my blog.
8. I love his gray hair because I know he has earned and deserves every single one!!
9. He has high morals and honors his priesthood.
10. How he tells and shows me and the kids he loves us every day.
11. How he is willing to go along with some of my ideas even though he has to do the majority of the work such as setting up the garden from last year, by changing his diet to help me out with Weight Watchers, etc.
12. How he is a great dad by showing his support and encouraging the kids at special needs soccer, swimming lessons, T-Ball practice, school functions, etc.
I have truly been blessed with a great companion and help mate!! We have weathered many a storm and have grown closer because of it. I wouldn't change a thing if I had it to do all over again. I love you and am thankful for you Aaron!

1 comment:
I haven't had much blog reading time lately, so I had a few posts to read through. I laughed out loud over the "twin girls"...hee hee hee. Super funny.
You and Aaron remind me of my good friend Tiffany. She and her hubby have two boys with Fragile X Syndrome and a girl with Pierre Robin Sequence. They too stick together like glue and I think it's remarkable and refreshing. Good for you guys.
Post a Comment