"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend

We have kept ourselves busy this weekend. Friday my neighbor had a water party at her house. She has a big blow-up water slide, a hose running down the swingset slide into a wading pool, lots of water guns and a sprinkler under the trampoline. The kids had a fun time playing with all the other neighborhood kids while the moms got to have some adult conversation--which is always welcome. I am happy to say Josh didn't get naked this time while playing in the wading pool like he did last year. I guess last year he thought it was more of a bath and took everything off. This year he has learned his lesson--thank goodness. We don't need any flashers in the family--other than babies with cute buns! Speaking of buns I guess I have two sets. I picked Daniel up the other day and it pulled my shirt down just a little. It was enough to show a little cleavage and Daniel looked and pointed saying, "Mom, it's your buns!" It's one of those funny things kids say. I am hoping he'll learn the difference when he gets older.

Saturday we took the kids and went to the neighboring city's parade. The pictures are of the kids at the parade. Much to Aaron's chagrin the kids actually were more interested in watching the parade than gathering up the candy that was thrown. When they did get the candy they had to come show us each individual piece they picked up all the while the rest of the kids were gathering the rest of it up. We just had to laugh. Don't get me wrong we still had plenty to last a day or two, though ;). Afterwards we took them swimming to the recreation center. My maternity bathing suit is getting more use this time than with any of the other pregnancies, but I won't be sad to put it away again. To make sure they were good and worn out and ready for an early bedtime we took them to a playland to get some dinner. Of course we forgot to make them go potty before we left the house so as soon as we got there they all had to go--even Daniel who isn't even potty trained yet. He just wanted to be big like his brothers. I used to not think there was nothing worse than the pee-pee dance, but Josh has proved me wrong. No sooner had Aaron taken him potty and come out of the bathroom, Josh announced in a loud enough voice for everyone in the restaurant to hear that he needed to go STINKY quite a few times while doing the poopie dance before we had time to respond. There were a few parents who thought it quite funny, but a few others that didn't. I truly think kids were sent here to keep you humble through total embarrassment. On the five minute drive home Daniel and Josh both fell asleep. We didn't have too much of a problem with them going to bed.

No comments: