"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things

In Facebook I was tagged with 25 Random Things about me so I thought I would add it here as well...

1. I know how and can drive a motorcycle--got some pretty weird looks while driving Aaron around on the back.
2. I have lived abroad--if only for a semester.
3. I cannot stand feet. I have only given my husband one foot massage in our marriage and that was with gloves on.
4. I cannot stand anything about teeth. I think they are disgusting--just like feet.
5. I have a goal of visiting every state in the US. So far I have made it to 34 states--looking forward to visiting Florida someday.
6. I love being a stay at home Mom.
7. I love being a nurse.
8. I have been bungee jumping.
9. I used to be a clean freak--now, after having kids, I am just a freak :)
10. I have always wanted waist length hair.
11. I love blue eyes--alas I have brown.
12. My hair is really starting to go gray :(--I don't have to color it yet, however.
13. I love rings, but can only handle wearing two at any given time.
14. I used to be a model for the art department in college.
15. I have been a pay phone telephone operator. Got asked out once and threatened multiple times over the phone. Gotta love the public!
16. I have to have the bed made before I can get in and go to sleep. It drives Aaron CRAZY!
17. I am an insomniac. You can get a lot done at 3 am when there are no distractions.
18. I am not much of a meat eater.
19. I love my husband very much. He is the perfect match for me.
20. I love to read. My family hates it, though, because nothing else gets done when I am involved with a good book.
21. My ancestors on both sides were pioneers who traveled across the plains.
22. I have been a Relief Society President
23. I love being a nursery worker
24. I hate folding and putting away laundry--that is my husband's job poor guy.
25. This is much harder than it looks!

5 comments:

Waiting for the One=-) said...

I love learning new things about my friends.
The whole making the bed thing, Yep I have to make the bed as soon as we get up so when it's bed time we just have to crawl in.

The Wife!! said...

Is the bed making before sleep a girl thing??? I do the same thing. Mike still after 8 years rolls his eyes when he just climbs in bed and I say you need to get out so we can straighten the covers!! :O Also I should call you some time at 3 am... Wanna go to walmart and get grocery shopping done??? as I sit and ype this at 2:38 am.LOL It was great getting to know you a little more!! I have gotten 3 requests on face for this same thing. I guess I better do it!

Cami said...

this was fun to read! I'm impressed that you trust Aaron to put your laundry away. Dave wouldn't know where to begin.. I didn't know you were RS president either!

Melanie said...

Rebecca Mancil, a biker chick? Who would have guessed? Did/Do you have the leathers and everything?

Johanna said...

Maybe it's genetic. The bed thing, the feet thing. Me too!