"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fun Times at Playgroup

Today was Daniel's turn to host playgroup this week. It was a pretty boring day of playing with toys and coloring pages along with a yummy snack of hot chocolate, apples and a fruit roll-up. Daniel of course had hot cider instead of the hot chocolate. It seemed like a pretty good day.

Playing Mr. Potato Head in the tent. It was a pretty tight squeeze for 4 kids and all their toys.

This room was clean before everyone got here. I didn't know the toy box could be emptied and scattered that far in that short of time =).

Enjoying snack and coloring. Ellie even asked what our next project would be after she finished coloring.

In other news I am sad to say we had a Star Wars underwear casualty. Daniel went stinky on General Grevious and it was bad enough I just had to throw them away. He hasn't gone #2 since Tuesday and refuses to even try to while on the toilet. I am just waiting because I know what goes in must come out sometime...I just hope I am in time to catch him before we have another Star Wars underwear casualty.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Don't feel too bad... My Dallas who turned 5 in September has been potty trained since he was 2 except for the #2. He just stopped doing it when he went to Preschool in August. I told him they wouldn't let him go if he continued to do it. And he still wets at night so he has to wear a pullup although there has been a couple of nights the last couple weeks that he woke up dry... I will keep my fingers crossed :)

Melanie said...

Thanks for hosting playgroup. Carter had a great time as always.