"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oops

Yesterday morning Daniel fell asleep on the arm of the couch. Since he had been pretty whiny all morning I let him sleep while I cleaned up. I was upstairs when I heard a big THUD and a scream. While asleep Daniel had rolled off the couch and fallen onto the floor. When he hit the floor it woke him up really fast. When I found him he was crying, rubbing his head and wondering what had happened. I wish I could fall asleep just anywhere like that!

It snowed quite a bit yesterday so when Aaron got home from work he took Josh and Daniel out to shovel the walks. We only have two snow shovels so Daniel got the broom while Josh and Aaron got the shovels. Daniel was just happy to be out there helping while wearing his red boots. We have the red rain boots that he absolutely insists on wearing outside even though his feet freeze--funny boy. Josh did a great job shoveling. That might become one of his chores--one nice thing about having 3 boys!

2 comments:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Hello Mancils!
I grew up being friends with Jill. We were in the same ward. Aaron was always such a sweet and good kid. He is the same age as my youngest sister. I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I am a reader. Your oldest looks just like Aaron. Tell him hi for me and keep blogging! We have three boys and one girl as well but our girl is first. You can check out our blog too, just get our email from Jill.
Have a great day!
Amyjoy

Waiting for the One=-) said...

Im with you. After listening to whining it doesn't matter where they fall asleep.