"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Yep, They're Mine

I have heard the stories about the babies who were switched at birth and sent home with the wrong parents from the hospital. I know this hasn't happened to us because everyone says they all look like Aaron and also I know they are mine by the little crazy, quirky things they have "inherited" from me. These are just a few of the ways I know they are mine: All of my kids have inherited my sneezing trigger. Whenever they go from a dark room to a bright area, whether outside or by turning on a bright light, they sneeze. Aaron thought this was the craziest thing when he first met me since I do it and now all of my kids do it as well. When it happens Aaron just looks at me and says, "Yep, they're yours."

All my kids have inherited my love of all things pasta with tomato sauce. There has not been a type of pasta with tomato sauce we don't love. That is something I craved with all of my pregnancies. I couldn't get enough tomato sauce and that seems to have stuck with all the kids, too. They could eat spaghetti for every meal if I let them. Too bad Aaron doesn't like it as much as the rest of us.

Another inheritance my kids got was my splotchy faced crying ability. Whenever I cry my face turns red and splotchy and stays that way for a good 30-60 minutes even after I have stopped crying. Unfortunately, my kids have gotten that as well. Here is a good picture of Sarah after she has been crying so you can see her in all her splotchiness.

It's just funny to see what little things everyone's kids' "inherit".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny...and sometimes not so funny...the things we give our kids! I love the sneezing thing, that's great.

Stacey said...

It kinda looks like it hurts but then again, crying does "hurt" sometimes LOL

Waiting for the One=-) said...

That is too funny.