"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Father's Day started out with Aaron sleeping in. I don't know how much sleeping he got in with the kids helping me get his breakfast ready. I fed the kids breakfast before, but they always want some of whatever you are eating so we had to make extra. The kids helped him eat toast, an omelet and a bunch of bacon while he was in bed. After breakfast we realized it wasn't going to be much of a relaxing day at church because I was asked to speak in sacrament meeting. I was given the topic of the priesthood, how it has affected me throughout my life and to include personal stories. All I can say is I am thankful for the priesthood and that my husband is a worthy priesthood holder. While I was speaking that meant Aaron was going to be left to wrestle 4 kids all by himself until my parents offered to help out. That was very much appreciated by Aaron! I am very glad that is over. I HATE PUBLIC SPEAKING!! After church we went over to my sister's house for dinner and some visiting. It was nice to see everyone because it had been awhile. I want to say thanks to all the dads in my life who have helped me to become what I am today. I am thankful for the great example my Dad was for me and the great example Aaron is for our kids. Dads are great!

Yesterday in getting Sarah ready for church I was able to scrape enough hair together for some piggy tails. She left them in for a few hours until she realized there was something up there to pull out. Gotta love her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had a good day!!

Gotta love the piggies! She looks so cute!

Jeff n Jill said...

isnt she suppose to be a baby still? who is this little girl?