In other happenings Friday night about 10pm Daniel came upstairs crying and told us he didn't feel well. When I guessed what "not feeling well" meant, I was greeted with Friday nights dinner making a second appearance in his bed and on his shirt. I got him into the shower and his sheets in the washer. Side note: his pillow pet washed up rather nicely since he got it all over that as well. I ended up staying up with him the majority of the night. I helped him rush to the bathroom when he needed to throw up which happened a lot during the night. Saturday morning he woke up with a raging fever, but thankfully, his throwing up had pretty much stopped. He spent the rest of Saturday laying around with a stubborn fever that only went down a little after both Tylenol and ibuprofen were given. I thought it was something that would pass until he woke up this morning really complaining that his stomach really hurt. He came and crawled into our bed and hardly moved saying his stomach hurt. Daniel can be quite dramatic at times, but this seemed to be pretty bad even by his standards. We then decided to take him to the Instacare to get him checked out. There they took some blood, which he was not happy about as you can see in the picture:
and then started an IV because he was extremely dehydrated. They also told us they might admit him to the hospital because he was so dehydrated. They gave him some anti nausea medication and gave him juice
along with the IV fluids to get him re-hydrated.
They then just watched him for a little bit. His labs came back showing no appendicitis, thank goodness. They ended up sending him home and told us to make him drink, drink, drink--which we have been trying to do. He has perked up quite a bit after the IV fluids and him drinking so I am not too concerned about him anymore. Whew, glad it turned out with no hospital stay!!
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Poor Daniel and Silly Sarah
Lately, knock on wood, our family events have been pretty quiet and boring. I like that!!As you can see Sarah is up to her normal tricks. She can now open the fridge and pull things out. Oh goody! Anyway, she was thirsty this afternoon and decided to get herself a drink without asking for help. She likes the soymilk because she is able to undo the cap without help. Here's what we found:
She couldn't get it in the glass only on the floor. Being as thirsty as she was she decided to drink it off the floor anyway. I guess I will be mopping sooner than later--Thanks Sarah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Poor thing. I hope he feels better soon.
Post a Comment