Right after getting the Suburban fixed it was time to pick up the boys from Kids in the Park. I was picking them up when I got a call from Aaron saying the truck had died. He has been driving the truck because the Elantra's registration has expired and we haven't had time to renew it. Besides it needs a new brake job on the back wheels so that just adds to the time investment so Aaron has been driving the truck until he can get to fixing the car. Anyway, he was just coming back from a really important meeting on the other side of the base when the truck just quit in the middle of the road. Luckily some good Samaritan helped Aaron push it off the road into a parking lot. That's when Aaron called me saying he needed help. For some reason since last spring the gas gauge in the truck stopped registering so you just have to guess at how much gas you have in the tank. Aaron was playing Russian Roulette and Aaron guessed WRONG. Luckily the only thing wrong with the truck was it was out of gas. I brought him a few gallons of gas to put in it and the truck started right back up after the gas lines got primed. We really need to get the gas gauge fixed. I thought it was a low priority item, but if I have to keep rescuing Aaron it might get moved up on the priority list. So out of our three vehicles only one was driveable today. Geez--cars are a necessary evil! You can't live with them and you can't live without them either!
After getting Aaron back on the road, I took the kids home to have a quick lunch. While I was fixing lunch the kids were out in the backyard playing. After a few minutes I heard a lot of screaming. I went outside to find Daniel laying on the ground screaming and crying. I asked what happened and finally got the whole story in between the sobbing. Josh and Daniel were playing dirt clod baseball. It was Josh's turn to bat with a huge stick, but Daniel got to close to the stick bat and got hit in the side of the head with it. It left a pretty nice goose egg. Of course the picture doesn't do it justice.
After lunch we headed over to play some bowling. We were in the middle of the second game and Sarah had started losing interest. To keep herself entertained she went over to the ball ramp and used it like a slide. She didn't care if she banged her head into the chairs at the bottom of the ramp/slide. Good thing the employees at the bowling alley know us well enough to not put anyone in the lanes next to us while we are bowling there!! Anyway, she was over there long enough to take care of business in her diaper. Seriously, I can't go anywhere without her doing that in her diaper!!! It is ridiculous!!!
He really did need to go potty. Geez--crazy kid!!

2 comments:
Adrienne does the same potty thing. It happens without fail. I think they are finally sitting still long enough to notice they have to go.
He is going to kill you one day cuz of that video! :)
Post a Comment