"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, January 18, 2009

From the Trenches

We are continuing potty training with Daniel. He has figured out the #1 part--even staying dry all night last night, but the #2 part not so simple since we had three #2 accidents in underwear yesterday. Is that enough numbers to be confusing? I am trying to keep this delicate...He is proving to be quite stubborn--I don't know where he would have gotten that from =). We have promised everything from soda, starbursts, french fries, but he still remains quite stubborn. I have even asked Josh to be his personal #2 trainer and that is not working either. I guess he will get it eventually or they may have to take kindergarteners in pull-ups. The picture on the left is Daniel after he put on his underwear without any help--if you couldn't tell. The pic on the right is Daniel's "pushing" face. Hopefully that's not more information than anyone wanted to know.

Yesterday we finally busted out Josh's skateboard. After NEEDING it for Christmas he hasn't even played with it. He insisted he couldn't play with it until it was warm outside. After Matthew got it out and wanted to play with it, that was enough incentive for Josh to give it a test try even though there was still snow on the ground. I am happy to report there are no broken bones or heads for that matter. I was glad to see they were both very cautious when playing with it. While one played with it the other played with their scooter. They had fun being outside.
We pulled out the high chair for Sarah today. She enjoys being part of the family during dinner time. She is getting so big! She turned 5 months old on the 16th. Time has gone by so fast!

4 comments:

Jeff n Jill said...

I am glad to find out that my intial thought on why there was a big "rip" in the undies was incorrect!

Anonymous said...

How funny.. I'm not looking forward to that with Kenzie... she has a really hard time with #2 and I know that will be our biggest problem with potty training!
Good Luck!

I'm glad the boys survived day one with the skate board! Hopefully they stay safe!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Daniel with the undies. So funny!

Nurse Heidi said...

On my goodness!! I just keep scrolling past that first picture to see if it's as funny as the first time it popped up. I laugh every single time!! Priceless. Thanks for the laugh :).