"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stuff

This weekend was pretty uneventful. Saturday we just ran errands. To make things easier at one store I stayed in the car with Josh, Daniel and Sarah while Aaron and Matthew ran inside to get something. As I was waiting Josh and Daniel decided to pretend being dogs with the barking and panting noises. I was only half way paying attention when I noticed a guy walk by looking at our van very strangely. I then noticed what Daniel and Josh were doing. Whenever they would see anyone walking by our car in the parking lot, they opened their window and made weird animal noises toward them. We have a van with back tinted windows that only open a crack so you can't see anyone in the rear of the van. I can only imagine what the people walking by were thinking.

Today in church things weren't too exciting. Aaron nodded off so I told Josh to give him a wet willy--where you lick your finger and stick it in someone's ear. Josh eagerly said, "OK!" then stuck his finger in Aaron's ear then he brought it back and then licked it--gross! He just got it a little backwards I guess. I didn't ask him to do that again.

My hair is still falling out like crazy. I have clogged the vacuum with all of it off the floor. Anyway, I was commenting on it in front of Josh and Aaron. Aaron, trying to help me out, asked Josh if he thought I would still be pretty even if all my hair fell out. Josh said, "Um...no." That was a big self esteem boost. Kids are painfully honest at times.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Your posts always crack me up! I hate the hair loss thing after baby, have you ever heard of/tried Nioxin? It is WONDERFUL for help with losing hair, and it smells good too.