"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I love, love, love Mother's Day--not just for all the sentimental things, but for all the CUTE crafts the kids bring home for Mother's Day. They get very excited to show me and I love that. At school Josh transplanted a pretty flower with a nice note saying he loved me. Matthew made a dishwasher towel with his hand prints and a poem saying he loved me. In primary all three boys made a cute sack with Hershey hugs and kisses with a poem saying they loved me. Also today in church the primary kids sang a couple songs about moms. I LOVE that part of mother's day.
This morning I got treated to breakfast in bed. I am happy to report I did not get breakfast in bed as I did a couple years ago when the full cereal bowl got dumped on me while I was sleeping. I almost did get eggs dumped on me, but Aaron saved them just in time. Aaron is also going to cook dinner for us tonight and I can't wait to have a night off. For a mother's day present Aaron ordered a printed and bound hard cover book of our blog. It supposed to come this week so I can't wait to see it.

I want to say thanks to my mom for all the sacrifices she made while raising kids. You don't realize how many sacrifices go into raising children until you have your own. Instead of working on a career I get to work on learning my ABC's and 123's over and over again. Sometimes it is hard, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I also want to say thanks to my mom for being my cheerleader. Our little family has gone through a plethora of freakish challenges (autism, seizures, anaphylactic shock, an accidental home birth, etc.) and my mom has been there to cheer me on. She encourages me and supports me and tells me I can do or face whatever happens. When I start doubting myself she is there to encourage me and tell me I CAN DO THIS. Thanks for your support!! Mother's are great!! I am very thankful for the chance to raise some of my own special kids. I just hope they turn out as good as Aaron--whose mother did a good job raising him to be a great person and husband.

No comments: