"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Strong Willed Child

Sarah has now decided that certain people food isn't so bad. She still HATES all baby food and will only eat food with texture instead of the smooth consistency of baby food. She will only eat soda crackers, bits of a tortilla and oatmeal (only the non-baby kind). She is pretty strong willed (or spoiled) because she will only eat if I am the one feeding her. Aaron has tried to feed her the same foods, but she clamps those little gums down and she won't open them up for anything--that is until I switch him places. Once I am the one feeding her she eats a TON. It should be interesting to see what kind of teenager she will be...

She has also figured out how to roll to the bottom of the stairs and scream at me while I am in the kitchen. I have to be in the same room with her or she is very sad. Aaron thinks he knows who she got that stubborn streak from, but contrary to his opinion I still don't think it's me. Good thing I love her since she is my inseparable buddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kenzie HATED baby food! She always wanted what Garrett had. it was sooo annoying! Have you tried buying those little cups of veggies at the store? They have peas, carrotts, corn.. and I'm sure a few others. I bought those of Kenzie and heated them up a bit. They would melt in her mouth and she was always willing to eat them!