Tuesday afternoon I got to have a little procedure done. Not going into specifics, I have been having some "womanly issues" for the past few months that have left me EXTREMELY anemic and basically feeling pretty crappy. These issues have not resolved with the regular treatment options, so we brought out the big guns yesterday. I had an ablation done under conscious sedation. An ablation is where they burn off all the inside lining of the uterus to stop the bleeding. Aaron went with me because they had to knock me out and my Mom stayed home with the rest of the kids. The whole procedure wasn't too bad. The worst part was getting my IV started. The nurse had one attempt that didn't work. Then she went and got the anesthesiologist. He tried once and failed giving me a HUGE bruise on the back of my hand. He tried again and thankfully was successful. I was so glad because I am quite needle phobic and was about to give up on the whole procedure because I didn't know if I could handle another needle stick. After they finally got the IV in place I had the procedure done and was on my way home within 90 minutes. However, I really don't handle narcotic pain medications very well and had a nice barfing good time until the narcotics worked their way out of my system. YUCK! I could never be a chronic narcotic painkiller abuser for sure!! I was hurting yesterday evening, but this morning I am feeling pretty good. I do have a narcotic headache/hangover, but other than that I am feeling ok. I am going to take it easy today and Sarah has take advantage of that. She found where the licorice was kept (on top of the fridge) and helped herself and Daniel this morning. Glad she didn't fall off the bar stool and get hurt the crazy kid! 
Monday we also had our first house showing. I spent all morning cleaning up. By the time it was all clean I had enough time to shower me and and Sarah then we had to leave. Poor Sarah didn't get her hair combed, but she didn't care. I cleaned through lunch so we went and grabbed a hamburger and hung out in the car. To keep Daniel busy I let him play on my phone. He decided to take a bunch of random pictures of anything and everything. Poor Sarah was one of his subjects--spooky hair and all. 
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Doctor Week--Glad It's Over!!
Whew this last week has been filled with doctors visits galore!! It started with Noah's croup last Sunday night/Monday morning appointment at midnight. The next day Noah had his regularly scheduled RSV shot visit. Monday afternoon Matthew had an appointment with the psychiatrist. It was time to tweak his medications again since he has been having a very rough past few months at school and at home. Hopefully we can get him happy and functioning again soon!! I had my yearly "fun doctor" gynecology appointment Wednesday afternoon. Thursday morning Daniel had his check-up with the allergist where they tested his lung function and also they did the skin prick test. That's when they also discovered he has developed a new allergy to oranges. Yesterday (Tuesday) morning Josh had a check up with the neurologist. I am thankful we have his seizures under control. Last year at this time he was hospitalized at Primary Children's Hospital because we couldn't get his seizures to stop. I am glad we are just having a check-up today and not another hospitalization!! Josh is doing so well, knock on wood, we don't have to have another check-up for a year as long as he doesn't have any problems in the interim. His appointment was at 7:45 am down at Primary Children's Hospital. They also asked us to arrive 30 minutes early to check in, fill out paperwork, get his vital signs, weight and height. That meant we had to wake up at 5:45 am and leave our house at 6:15 am. I actually had to set my alarm which I HATE doing!! However, Josh (ever the early bird) was already up and in the shower by the time I woke up--crazy kid!! Since our last appointment Josh has grown two inches, but has stayed the same weight. Basically he is staying tall and skinny. I wanted the early morning appointment so Josh wouldn't miss much of school. We got to the hospital on time despite the horrible weather and driving conditions. This is what it looked like yesterday morning:
If I didn't know it was MARCH I would have thought it was still the middle of winter! We have the craziest seasons here I swear!!
We were in and out so fast that Josh was only 10 minutes late to school that morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow--what a week! I'm glad that you're all doing OK now. How can I help you out?
Post a Comment