Saturday, March 19, 2011
St. Patrick's Festivities and Sitting Up
For St. Patrick's Day I thought we would try something a bit different. We of course had some green food. I made some Alfredo sauce. I then pureed some fresh spinach and colored the Alfredo sauce green without food coloring. 
It does not look very appetizing, but it did taste good. We also had some steamed broccoli, spinach salad and for dessert we had rainbow cake for all the leprechauns that like rainbows. Unfortunately, the cake mix I picked up was Daniel friendly but substituting the egg replacer for the actual eggs made the cake fall. It was pretty thin through the middle. Oh well at least it tasted good.
We also got to see the local park's fountain water dyed green again this year. I love how they do this every year!!
Noah is getting big. He has now mastered the skill of sitting himself up. He has also discovered he can get into more things that way, too. He likes to go over to the diaper shelf and pull all the diapers off because he can now reach it. I hope he is not destined to be a mischief maker like Sarah! I can only handle one like her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment