"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hangaburgers, Meat is Optional and Sarah's New Dress

Since I only have 1 girl I allow myself to splurge on her once in a while. This time I got her a fancy Easter dress. I know it is WHITE of all colors, but before I bought it I made sure it was machine washable. Hopefully, she doesn't stain it too bad even if it is machine washable. She wore it for the first time today. She even was patient enough to let me do some fancy hair on her, too. She wouldn't look at the camera so here's the best shot I got:Here's the back side: While I was trying to take her picture, Matthew and Daniel were fighting. They both got sent to seat away (time out). Matthew is in seat away on the other set of stairs. Sarah for some reason loves it when Daniel is in seat away. She will come over and sit next to him the whole time and play with him. Daniel was crying so she gave him a kiss because she thought he got an owie. He was just crying because he got put in seat away. She spent the rest of his seat away playing with him--the little stinker!!
Aaron is getting the boys really interested in watching basketball--particularly BYU basketball. Here they all are (even Matthew which is very surprising) watching the awesome BYU winning game Saturday night: I am starting to wonder about my mental faculties--even more so with an impending birthday soon. Today Aaron made Sunday dinner. He made hamburgers (or hangaburgers according to Daniel) with grilled onions, cut up avocados, tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles and blue cheese dressing. YUMMY!! As we were sitting down to eat we all prepared our buns starting with the kids first. Aaron got a phone call so I was helping all the kids by myself. I had had been interrupted more times during fixing my own hamburger that I kept forgetting where I was at. Finally when everyone was busy eating (Matthew on his second 1/4 pound hamburger and Josh on his 3rd 1/4 pound hamburger) I got a chance to sit down and start eating my hamburger. Aaron got off the phone about this time so we were sitting around chatting about our day at church. Side note: we actually made it through all of church without needing to leave today. Yay for small victories!! However, even though we had speakers Daniel and Josh kept asking me if they could bear their testaments. I corrected them and told them it was testimonies and it wasn't fast and testimony meeting today anyway. They weren't too happy, but we still made it through church without any major mishap. Yay again!! Anyway, I had eaten about half of my first hamburger when Aaron looked at me and asked me if I had any meat in my burger. Sure enough I was having an unintended veggie burger. In all the interruptions I had forgotten to put the actual meat patty on my burger. Aaron laughed so hard at me. I felt a little stupid, but I did finally put 1/2 patty on my burger to finish it off with. I hope I am not going senile yet!! However, I have to admit this isn't the first time this has happened to me. A couple years ago I made chicken enchiladas for the family dinner. In the middle of eating them Aaron mentioned they tasted different. He opened up his enchilada to discover I had forgotten to add the chicken to not only his enchilada, but for the whole dish!! He has never let me live that one down!! He still won't let me fix enchiladas to this day just because he seems to like actual chicken in his chicken enchiladas--the crazy guy :). So if you would like a vegetarian dish of some sort intended or unintended come visit us for dinner anytime :). I must have "Half heimers disease" because it hasn't progressed to Alzheimer's (Allzheimer's) disease.....yet.

2 comments:

Jeff n Jill said...

HAHAHAHA!

KiLee said...

I love love love Sarah's dress - that is so cute!! I love her hair, I totally wish I knew how to do cute hair like that!!
Just think of the calories saved by only eating half a patty! :)