I had to add this picture of Daniel. I ran errands this morning and Daniel fell asleep in the car. When we got home he staggered inside and continued his nap on the couch while remaining standing. Wish I could sleep like that!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
What Goes Around Comes Around
Aaron and I are trying to get the kids to be a little more independent. The bedtime routine is to
shower and get dressed. Josh and Daniel shower together and then Matthew showers alone. In fostering independence we are trying to let them wash themselves which can sometimes be good and other times not so good. Last night Aaron started Josh and Daniel in the shower and wanted them to wash themselves while he went in search of pajamas for them. He came back to find the floor of the shower orange. On closer inspection he saw Daniel instead of washing himself he poured the whole bottle of shampoo all over the shower floor--by the way this is the expensive Mom and Dad's shampoo not the cheap kids stuff. However, I can't get too mad. When I was little my parents sent us to the shower (without the water on) to work things out whenever we started fighting. They sent us there so we could hear our own whines echo in the empty shower stall and hopefully hear how annoying it was. Instead of working things out we just sat and poured the shampoo down the drain. I guess what goes around comes around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's the karma thing!!! That pic of Daniel is so cute. I wish I could also sleep like that.
Post a Comment