At the end of our lunch Daniel took it upon himself to help our candy fix. He went over and grabbed the biggest handful of mints he could possibly fit in his 5 year old hands and brought them back over to us. A little embarrassing, but we did get our candy fix, though. That's what you have kids for--to do the things you really want to do, but are too embarrassed to do them. You just send your kids to do it for you! I don't think I would have grabbed quite so many mints, though.
Josh was getting dressed yesterday when I ran upstairs to tell me something. He said, "Mom, my muscles are starting to poke up!!" He was so excited to show me!! He told me that when he runs he swings his arms so it is making them get big muscles with all that exercise. Next thing you know he will be telling me he has a six pack, too. However, I think I might have to draw the line there and tell them those are called RIBS!! What a bean pole!! You know they are super skinny when you order them slim jeans and those are still too big for them when they put them on!! Good thing for belts!
This week Aaron got a promotion at work. It came in title only and didn't come with a pay raise, but it should put him in a better position to get a raise later on. Aaron now is a team lead. He is quite nervous to be the one in charge of a few people, but I am sure he will get the hang of things!! Wow, when did we become responsible adults?! We still feel like we are teenagers--even though we have five kids and plenty of gray hair to tell us otherwise!!
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Soda Down My Pants, Muscles and a Promotion
Sarah has discovered a deep love for toast along with the boys. However, I think it is more of a love for margarine! She will take a knife full put a little margarine on her toast and then lick the rest off her knife.
Mmmmm yummy! Then she will dip it in the margarine again, spread a little on her toast and lick the rest off and start the cycle yet again. Crazy girl!!
Tuesday I met up with Aaron at Cafe Rio for lunch. We were sitting at a table next to the soda fountain. My back was facing the soda fountain while I was talking to Aaron. Next thing I know I had ice cold soda poured down my pants. Whew that woke me up!! The poor lady that did it was trying to balance a toddler on her hip, her tray and her drink. Obviously she didn't do too well because she poured her full drink down the back of my pants. I wasn't mad or anything because that could happen to anyone. I did get a little creeped out when she tried to clean it off my bum, though. That was just a little too weird. I guess once you get into the cleaning up spills mommy mode, it doesn't matter to you if you are trying to clean off a stranger's bum. However, the stranger might not feel quite the same way. Let's just say it was a little awkward--for me at least!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay Aaron! Congrats on the new title... You will do an awesome job. Look at all the experience and training you have had over the last 8 1/2 yrs with your team of 5!
Congratulations to Aaron for the promotion! He'll be great!
When I told Nate the story about the soda down your pants, he laughed out loud! I also told him I thought you'd be used to strangers touching your bum! :)
Post a Comment