"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Finger Painting

Daniel looks pretty innocent in the picture, but he is really not!! Today I volunteered at Josh's preschool for the last time. It is kind of sad, but, hopefully, I can volunteer for kindergarten. While I was there my neighbor watched Daniel. Usually Daniel is pretty easy to watch as long as you don't feed him anything or let him get a hold of anything he can't or shouldn't eat; also, if you know how to use an Epi-pen, an inhaler, Benadryl and know how to dial 911. I guess that isn't too bad, right (lots of sarcasm)?!? Anyway, my neighbor is pretty good about putting Daniel's allergic things away so I feel comfortable leaving him there. When I went to pick him up I got to hear about his (or rather her) adventure. Daniel decided he found his happy place at her house and dirtied his diaper. She was waiting for him to be all the way finished and so let him play for a few minutes longer until her daughter ran up to her screaming that Daniel had gotten poopy all over her hands. I guess Daniel got the wild urge to be artistic and start finger painting at her house--mostly I think he just did a dipstick and it came out positive. Luckily I brought a large tub of wipes so she was able to clean everything from the wall to his clothes and whatever else he got it on. This just brings me back to thinking that kids are on this earth to keep you humble by doing lots of embarrassing things.

In other things I love Mother's Day just for the fact of all the cute things kids make for their moms at school. This year Matthew made me some stationary that said I love you written in Matthew's hand and signed his name. Josh planted a flower and signed his name to a really sweet poem. They are quite proud of their presents as am I.

No comments: