"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Where Do Babies Come From?!?

Matthew keeps running off the bus every day after school asking if Sarah has come out of my tummy yet. I laugh and tell him not until after his birthday, and, I am hoping I will make it that long. He also has come to the conclusion (I don't know how) that she will make her entrance into this world through my mouth. I figure ignorance is bliss and just let him think that for now. If he gets more inquisitive I might have to say they come from storks.

In other happenings we are starting to certify the young women for girls camp. We had a first aid training last night where there were four tables in which you had to certify different things. I got to teach how to treat and splint a broken bone as well as how to treat shock. It was interesting. I am just hoping that, like me, they will never need to use it at camp--I would be fearful for the patient!!
Monday for Family Home Evening we threw Daniel into the baby backpack and let Matthew and Josh ride their bikes down to the park. We can only do this when there are two parents available because when one is a speed racer the other is as slow as molasses or vice versa. We have to split up to make sure they don't get hurt or run over an old lady's dust pan--that one's for you Johanna :). We finally made it and had a great time letting the kids tire themselves out at the park. Aaron and I get tired out trying to keep up with them while walking/running all the way there and all the way back.

I hosted Josh's playgroup today for the last time--WAHOO! I was hoping for nice weather so they could play outside, but unfortunately it rained most of the time. They played a lot of Star Wars inside and I can tell the Force is strong with this bunch :). Even Daniel got in on the action. FYI the water noodles are their light sabers.
Our computer caught a virus Sunday night. It is not a spreading virus so no one should be concerned. It unfortunately was a virus that showed you all the latest in greatest in the porn industry. Aaron had to clear everything off and reload everything again to get rid of any trace. It has taken a couple of days, but we finally have a working computer again. We learned more than we wanted to, though, that's for sure!
We have hit a milestone we are very excited about. Josh has been off his seizure meds for over 6 months without any problem. We are out of the woods in the seizure department for now and can't be more excited. He does have a slightly higher risk of recurrence considering his past history and Aaron's history, but we are happy nonetheless. He even sweats now which will make this summer a lot easier!!
Lastly Daniel thinks he is older than he is. If you ask him to do something he will say, "Ya, sure!" pretty emphatically. When someone is having a hard time he will walk up to them and say, "Sorry, Dude!" It is funny to hear that out of a 2 year old's mouth!!

No comments: