Yesterday I was volunteered in Josh's classroom. At the end of class they always read a book aloud and yesterday was no different. A child chose a book with large pictures so everyone could see. On one of the pages it talked about earth. Everyone was exceptionally quiet, but when Josh heard the word earth he told everyone quite loudly that he lived with Jesus Christ before he came to earth. Inside I was quite proud, but I didn't quite know how to react on the outside. They paused for a second and continued with the story. Later on in the story it showed a picture of a guy standing in the middle of a river when Josh blurts out, "Hey, he's getting baptized!!" I am one who does not like to draw attention to myself so I guess I blushed a little, but was still impressed Josh said as much. The teacher said living in this state you can't help but hear that quite often in her classroom. I now have proof that kids, although it may not seem like it, listen sometimes and things can sink in...occassionally. Later on in the day we ended up going to the mall for a few things. This week was teacher appreciation week and the PTA sent home a letter telling the parents on what days to send what things to show their appreciation for the teachers. I thought this was a good idea and put the paper in a special spot--so special I couldn't find it again. That is why we went to the mall to pick up a little token of our appreciation; especially for Matthew's teacher because I am sure it is not always easy being his teacher. While we were there we stopped by a craft store The Quilted Bear. While browsing there I ran into someone I knew and we talked for a few minutes. While we were talking I thought I was keeping a pretty good eye on Josh until we got home. When we got home he pulled a handful of small magnets from his pocket. He had picked out a magnet for everyone in the family, but hadn't told me about it at the store. They were cute CTR and families are forever magnets, too. I couldn't get too mad because he had taken the time to specifically pick one out for each member of our family. I talked to him about paying for things before taking them. We went back this morning to return them and Josh appologized to the clerk. I am hoping he learned his lesson. I am sure the vendor was wondering who on earth would be stealing her Choose the Right magnets...It is a little ironic, don't you think?

No comments:
Post a Comment