"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Parks, Monkeys and Teeth


We have been enjoying the weather this week and have been walking to the park by our house. On the way there is a fish pond in one yard where a family of ducks have taken up residence. There are 12 ducklings which the kids love to see. The picture isn't very good, but you can see a few of the ducklings as well as a goldfish.
I think my kids are part monkey. They love to climb on everything!! If we didn't believe what we do, I would be sure we descended from apes!!
Anyway at the playground they love climbing on everything and Josh has taught Daniel how to go up things he probably shouldn't yet. He has only had to be rescued a few times so far. They even tried climbing on the new ceiling fan Aaron put in their room. They had broken the last fan so we waited a while so they would forget about it and tried to replace it without them noticing. That lasted all about one night when they tried hanging from it and broke off one of the fan blades which for some reason were not made to hold 40 + pounds. I might have to write the manufacturer about that--just kidding. Mysteriously no one seems to know what happened. It must have been the Not Me Ghost that did it. I can remember hearing my Mom saying in the back of my mind, "I can never have anything nice!" --which I am starting to agree with and relate to. I guess that's what I get living with a bunch of monkey descendants--AKA BOYS!!
One more thing I was looking in Josh's mouth--who just barely turned 5 in April--and noticed he has a permanent tooth coming up behind one of his baby teeth. We are trying to get him to work the baby tooth loose, but we do have a dentist appointment next week. If he hasn't lost it by then I think it will need to be pulled. I didn't think most kids started losing teeth until the middle or towards the end of kindergarten. I guess Josh will get a jump start with meeting the Tooth Fairy. Kids keep things interesting!!



No comments: