"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Saturday, December 19, 2009

All I Want For Christmas Is...a Black Eye

This morning I was getting ready to get in the shower. I had turned on the shower and was waiting for it to warm up while I was looking for clothes. Sarah heard the shower and came running. She wouldn't take no for an answer so I undressed her and put her in while I was looking for some clothes for her, too. That's when I heard her start screaming and crying. I thought she was just mad because she was in there alone so I finished finding clothes and then I got in. Afterwards Aaron was getting her dressed when she looked at me and I saw some blood on her eyelid. I looked closer and she has a nice cut on the top of her eye that was starting to swell. It has gotten progressively worse as the day has gone on. It looks like Sarah will have a nice black eye for Christmas--poor thing. She must have slipped and fallen in the shower. If she would only sit in the shower instead of insisting on standing she probably wouldn't have fallen and cut her eye, but try telling that to a stubborn 16 month old!

2 comments:

KiLee said...

The next thing you know, she'll be putting her roller blade brake on the wrong foot - and then try to stop on the way down a hill! :)

Jeff n Jill said...

Poor thing!