Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Mother and Son Bonding Time at 3 am
Last night I couldn't sleep. I was laying awake in bed about 2:30 am deciding whether to get up or not when I heard the pitter patter of little feet up the stairs. I got up to check things out and found Daniel just sitting on Matthew's bottom bunk. I guess he couldn't sleep either. He kept saying his bed downstairs was uncomfortable. That is something I have never heard before nor do I believe it since he is sleeping in mine and Aaron's old bed which is way comfortable. Anyway with both of us wide awake we headed downstairs and turned on the TV. Luckily we have a DVR so we didn't have to suffer through any infomercials. We watched a few shows and finally about 4:30 am I was starting to get tired so I sent a very unhappy Daniel back downstairs to try and get some sleep. The next morning at 6:30 am, only a few hours later than the last show we had watched, he was wide eyed, bushy tailed and eating his breakfast. I don't know if he ever got back to sleep, but did I know this Happy Daniel wouldn't last on no sleep. I just waited until Chuckles (aka ornery) Daniel appeared which was this afternoon. After Daniel got home from karate everything turned into a tragedy and was tantrum worthy in Daniel's eyes. After dinner Aaron and I had both had enough and ended up sending him to bed early. This was after multiple attempts on his part not to be whiny and not to cry which proved to be too difficult on that much lack of sleep. I am crossing my fingers for a better night for both of us so we can have better days tomorrow. Here is a picture of the Chuckles Daniel:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is no fun for anyone! I hope you were able to get some better sleep!
Post a Comment