Christmas morning I remember just waiting until the clock turned to 6 am and running in to wake up Mom and Dad to go and see our loot. I thought my kids would do the same thing, but when they woke up they just stayed and played in their room until we went in and got them about 6 am. What crazy kids! When we went in and told them it was ok to go downstairs the kids were excited to see what Santa had brought. I made them wait at the top of the stairs for a picture, but this is not what they wanted to do. Matthew got his much loved Camp Rock CD as well as a few other things. Josh got his aquarium with three fish along with other stuff. Santa was a little worried that Josh's fish wouldn't make it because they had to sit in their bag of water from the store for about 10 hours before they were freed into the aquarium. The next obstacle was he didn't have time to let the aquarium acclimate for 24 hours beforehand to have it ready for fish so the fish had to take quite a bit, but luckily they were all still alive the next morning or else we would have had a very sad Josh. I am also happy to say they are all still alive today, too. Daniel got his Skechers and "something that could fly" among other things. Sarah was just happy to be there. She got a few books and a cell phone, but just preferred her old monkey instead of anything else. We all had a pretty good Christmas. When all the presents were opened we had a yummy baked french toast breakfast thanks to Grandma T. Later that afternoon after all the excitement had worn off and G&G T had left the kids were hungry. In the previous two years we had gone to Burger King for a no fuss easy Christmas dinner and this year wasn't any different. This let the kids get some energy out while Aaron and I could have some peace and quiet for ourselves. All in all it was a good day. Hopefully the kids got enough toys to keep them busy until school starts again in a very long week and a half...:)

Our family room after Santa had come and before the kids got to it.

The kids excitedly waiting to come downstairs to see what Santa had left for them.
Let the present opening fury begin:




I think the kids were and still are excited about what they got. My family room still looks like a big mess, but the kids are loving it.
2 comments:
Wish I was there...I know I missed another month! I am just not making this "You have to visit once a month" plan that Matthew has for me! I will hopefully get to spend lots of time with y'all in March!
Seeing the kids wait at the top of the stairs to get their picture made brought back a lot of memories. I am glad that they had a happy Christmas and a fun Christmas eve.
Post a Comment