"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Things You Don't Quite Want to Hear

Well I just got back from the doctor's office and baby #5 is officially a boy. You can see everything boy partish between his legs on the ultrasound picture so my holding out for a girl hopes are now dashed. That's ok I have been warming up to the idea since the last visit. Now we just have to start coming up with boy's names from the bible to keep our biblical name theme going. He is growing great and is even measuring about a week bigger than normal. I am also starting to feel him move more and more. What is even more crazy that in a few days I will be over half way done with this pregnancy since they will be inducing me a few weeks early. That is a scary thought!! We still haven't figured out sleeping arrangements yet. Oh what to do? If only we had one more bedroom!

Anyway, yesterday I got to hear a few things I would have preferred not to have heard. First off it was the boys' bedtime and Josh and Daniel ran downstairs to jump in bed. They left the basement door open and Sarah ever being the opportunist went downstairs. It wasn't until a few minutes later I heard Daniel yell, "Mom. Mom!! MOM! Sarah is playing in the water in the toilet while I am going potty!" YUCK!! She had her hands scrubbed with antibacterial anything I could find, but that is still disgusting.

Later on I also got to hear this whisper, "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom." When I finally came to consciousness I happened to glance at the clock and see it was 1:30 am and Daniel couldn't sleep again. He came upstairs to wake me up so we could watch TV together like we did the other night. Too bad I was TIRED and not in the mood to have bonding time at 1:30 am. I sent an unhappy Daniel back downstairs to, hopefully, go back to sleep. Too bad I was awake and couldn't go back to sleep. Grrrr.

Another thing I got to hear but preferred not to was Daniel was using the bathroom upstairs. I failed to hear the toilet flush or the sink turn on showing me he was washing his hands. I sent him back to flush, but he refused to wash his hands saying he had already done it. After a few minutes of arguing I gave up and sent him over to get some hanitizer instead. He cried and told me if he used that he can't suck his thumb because it tastes hanitizer tastes yucky. He ended up using the hanitizer anyway because he refused to go back upstairs and rewash his hands. He is pretty stubborn. This, however, has given me an idea to help him stop sucking his thumb (evil laugh hahahahaha).

4 comments:

Jeff n Jill said...

We love you and all your boys, and Sarah too! :)

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Perfect! We have a thumb sucker that we are trying to wean as well. Great idea!

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Oh and congrats on another boy!

Unknown said...

That sanitizer does taste nasty...great idea!!!