"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Co-op

From the urging of my sister I joined a food co-op two weeks ago. It's a great way to save money on produce and a good way to get fresh produce even in the winter. This morning was the second food pick-up and I am quite impressed with the variety of fruits and veggies they include. You don't get to pick what you get so it's different every time, but I guess that keeps things exciting. Here is the picture of this mornings harvest minus a few strawberries since Daniel got to them before I did: We had a breakfast of strawberries, oranges and watermelon. It was delicious! They also offer 9-grain bread that is Daniel friendly which is very hard to find so I placed an order this round just to try it. It's good. It was so cold this morning I am still trying to warm up. It is my own fault because I didn't wear my coat and it was 17 degrees this morning--brrrrr.
In other things I am not used to having someone with long enough hair for some serious bed head in the morning. Here's this mornings exceptionally frightening hair-do on Sarah:
I can tell it took all night to get it just right. As my Dad would say it is scary enough to haunt a 5 room house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will have to let me know how the co-op works out. I have thought about doing this too.