"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Bedroom

I still haven't posted pictures of my redone bedroom. I was waiting until I got everything done the way I wanted it, but that hasn't happened yet and probably won't happen for a little while longer. I am a little indecisive and also a procrastinator to boot which doesn't turn out to be a very good combination to say the least. Aaron's sister Jill was out for a visit clear back in October when we got the majority of it completed, but it has been sitting since then until I can make up my mind what else to do with it. We painted the walls, got a new bedding set, new curtains and figured out a few things to put on the walls. It's nice to finally have a grown-up bedroom. The walls are still a little bare, but I don't know quite what else to put on them hence the unfinished status. Anyway, here's the pictures:
Nothing too new has been going on with us. We did have a little bit of a rough night last night, though. Matthew occasionally has bouts of extreme obsessive/compulsiveness and last night it reared it's ugly head. When Matthew got home from school yesterday we completed all of his homework including a moon chart assignment he had been working on for all of the month of November. For some reason at 3 am this morning he woke up just sobbing because he didn't know what his next assignment would be since his month long moon chart was now complete seeing as November is now over. We tried to reason with him and telling him he would find out the next day and for him not to worry about it, but he still ended up just sobbing until it was time to get up in the morning--about 6am. That made for one long night. I think all of us are going to have a little of a rough day today for lack of sleep. Hopefully, Matthew will get his next assignment today and be a happy camper again. The extreme stresses of school shouldn't be starting in the 3rd grade--poor kid!

4 comments:

KiLee said...

It's looks wonderful! I love it! Someday, when I have a room I can decorate, you will have to come and help me.

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Love the bedding!

Jeff n Jill said...

FINALLY!!! The posting I have been waiting for for 2 months! The finished product looks awesome! I must say, your room looks more put together than mine! I still need to paint it and we have nothing hanging on our walls and no curtains...I really need to stop helping other people get their houses together and get busy on mine!

It does look awesome! You picked out wonderful bedding! It only took us 3 days and 500 miles of walking to find it! :P

Congrats on the "Grown Up" room!

Grandma Phil Mancil said...

Looks great. Love the colors.