"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Busy


We have been pretty busy the rest of the week. Thursday I am still in my pottery class and unfortunately still making modern art or Q-tip holders--not on purpose, however. This last week I was able to make a few bowls which I am proud of. I only have a few weeks left, but I am trying to make something to show for it. Friday was my brother Bryan's graduation from the University of Utah. He finished his master's degree in mechanical engineering and I am sure quite glad to be done. Aaron was able to take all three kids by himself (hee-hee) out to dinner to celebrate with them. He came home more appreciative of me at least. He had to go alone because I had to attend our young women's baptism for the dead. I had to go because only 2 leaders (me being one) were able to go. I am sure glad the bishop was able to drive because we had 14 young women to get over there and without him we wouldn't have had enough spots in the cars. Anyway, Aaron had a nice, but very busy dinner dealing with the kids. On the way home it didn't get much easier because he was caught in traffic with Matthew insisting he had to potty. Finally Aaron pulled off the freeway to take him to a gas station that actually had a line for the men's room. After waiting in line for 10 minutes he decided to take his chances and drive the rest of the way home with Matthew complaining. When he got home Matthew ran to the bathroom making it while Daniel took care of business in his pants. I had impeccable timing and luckily got home just in time right after everything had been cleaned up. The kids went to bed shortly after :).
Anyway, Saturday there was a fitness fair for Davis County that we went to. We donated some food which Aaron made me donate the canned beans because he is tired of having any kind of bean soup after what happened last week. We did a fitness mile where we stopped along the way to get health advice from the different booths. We had fun walking and learning and we were even lucky enough to win a couple door prizes. We got a Frisbee and four tickets to the IMAX theater. We are hoping to use the new Front Runner train down to see the movie. We also went to Josh's and Matthew's soccer games. Neither seemed to be that involved in their games this week. They were more interested in being hams for the crowd instead. We only have a few games left for the season. Saturday afternoon we finally dusted off all the yard tools and got busy mowing, weed eating, fertilizing, edging, etc. I can't believe it was just snowing a couple days ago, too. We are hoping to plant our garden soon as well. I don't want to until we can be sure it won't freeze at night anymore and kill all or our plants.

A funny thing that happened today at dinner. We had taco salad and the kids refused to eat it until Aaron told them the beans would make them toot. After hearing that they all cleaned their plates of course that would only happen with boys. We might have to employ this technique more often--except when Sarah (the new baby) comes! Well that's all for now.

1 comment:

Nurse Heidi said...

ROFLMBO about your fine parenting tactic to get the kids to eat beans!! Oh my gosh, that's hilarious! Gotta try that on my kids.